A Big Fuck You, Pizza Hut

I don’t exactly know about other Pizza Huts, But the location i work for at the moment does not deliver. The one that does has a specific boundry laid down by corporate of its area, the south and west side neighborhoods of a small city, maybe a 5-8 minute drive from the store max. That unfortunately does tend to piss people off, and you can’t do much about it.

Some lady Bitched me out over the phone for a moment last summer, All because the location i am based out of doesn’t deliver. She claimed we delivered to her last time. Folks, how can we deliver a pizza when we don’t have delivery vehicles or any equipment for delivery?

Corporate and Franhisee is beginning the process to turn us into a delivery facility But at least we’ll have a decent range with 2 more local location going delivery as well, to cover a good chunk of my city.

Thats all it comes down to, the corporate and the Franchisee.

By the Way, for the first post, The Coupon books seem to have a wide range. I know the one they send out covers Three counties. And it also pays to read the print on the goddamn things, among which is Delivery not available in all areas.

~SkY~

There’s a Pizza Hut about a block and a half away from my house that doesn’t deliver anywhere, they only do sit down dining and pick up. The one that does deliver is 5 miles away.

As far as I’m concerned, Domino’s is tastier and cheaper. And those buffalo chicken kicker things are awesome.

Pizza Hut has been on my shit list since Dec. 29th, 2003.

Much for this very same reason. My daughter had the flu and I could not take her to day care. Another store’s manager told me I had to come to work, he didn’t care if my daughter was sick. I did not go in.

The offical policy is that the employee has to call in at least 4 hours before their shift or they get wrote up. My personal feelings ( when I was in charge ) was that if you were sick, I did not want you preparing and serving food. I did not have problems with people calling in sick.

I find that the mom and pop pizza places are much better. If there’s not one near where I’m ordering from I find something else to eat. I can’t stomach Pizza Hut, Dominoes, or Papa John’s. Ick.

In fairness to the OP, his only complaint about the phone clerk was that he hung up. It seems reasonable to expect to be treated courteously on the phone by someone who receives part of the money you pay for the pizza in exchange for treating customers courteously on the phone.

As far as the performance of the advertiser, are you saying that there is some rogue advertising agency going around putting flyers on peoples’ doorsteps, just trying to get Pizza Hut in trouble? Interesting if true.

For a libertarian, your post contains a pretty unorthodox view of taking responsibility for one’s actions. What if the OP had ordered a pizza and it showed up with axle grease on it instead of cheese? Would that be Pizza Hut’s fault, or would it be the OP’s fault for not specifically requesting an axle-grease-free pizza?

Pfft.

I don’t have a phone at home. I’ve got a cable modem and a cell phone, so why would I need one?

It turns out, to order pizza from The Hutt.

I can order from anyone else over my cell phone. I can place online orders with anyone else. But not Pizza Hut.

Guess that’s why I haven’t had Pizza Hut in over 3 years, although I order pizza once or twice a month…

-Joe

Pizza Hut is good as long as you don’t mistake it for food. Once about every 2 or 3 years I give 'em a break with nasty results. But if you have lots of wood furniture that is liiking kinda dry, a slab of that grease-ball crust is just the ticket for the high-gloss luster you want!

My vote goes to the place run by the NY transplant couple down the street. They’re funny as hell to listen to in the kitchen as well.

Am I the only one who likes Pizza Hut pizza?
I’m a big fan of their $5 lunch buffet. Mmmm… pizza…

[exaggerated pop-culture Italian accent] Why you fucka de Pizza Hut-a? [/accent]

I’m with you, I prefer Pizza Hut to Domino’s by far, and even frozen to Dominos.

Happens all the time… we donate them to the food bank get a tax write-off, a higher cost loss ratio and YOUR pizza goes up and up in price. Yeah, really hurts us a lot…

Happens all the time… we donate them to the food bank get a tax write-off, a higher cost loss ratio and YOUR pizza goes up and up in price. Yeah, really hurts us a lot…

And yeah, sometimes the dividing lines are pretty arbitrary. But thats not the fault of the poor kid on the phone who is listening to you be an ass.

So DON’T order, its that simple.

And for God’s Sake, its ONLY a pizza. It’s not like we’re talking emergency medical care here.

Your Pizza Hut delivery driver

Pizza Hut is usually my favorite pizza, but they really drive me crazy sometimes.

Back when I was living with my parents, our closest PH finally began delivering. We live outside of the city limits, but only about 8-10 minutes from the PH. If we gave driving directions that included the phrase “turn north off of 600N…” they would not deliver (saying we were out of their area). But if we simply said, “turn left off of 600N…” we would soon be eating a tasty pizza.

I can’t beleive I never thought of doing that! Next week I’ll give it a try and report back. :smiley:

I also get ads for pizza places nowhere near my area. The worst one is Papa John’s…I would kill, KILL DAMN YOU for a Papa John’s pizza, but alas, I think the nearest one is in California.

Anyway, there’s three Pizza Huts here, and I can never remember which is the one that will deliver to me. It usually involves at least two phone calls, two readings of my address and one snotty jerkoff telling me they don’t deliver to my area and they’d be really surprised if anyone did (they actually say this; apparently, even though I live IN THE MIDDLE OF TOWN, I am untouchable and unworthy of pizza), but I always eventually find the right one. Unlike others, I’ve been very impressed with Pizza Hut’s quality as of late. They used to taste like cheese-flavoured ass, but now it’s pretty tasty and reminds me of Izzy’s, which, once again, isn’t around here. :frowning:

I prefer the CiCi’s buffet, if only for their tasty, tasty chocolate-and-powdered-sugar-covered pizza dough.

MMMMMM!

Ok here’s my favorite we don’t deliver in your area story. Our little town ran out of phone numbers with the xxx prefix so when we moved in we got yyy prefix instead. Call to order a pizza and get the “we don’t deliver…” BS. I reply, that I just saw them deliver a pizza to my next door neighbor, repeats “we don’t…”

The absurd thing about this is I live on a cul-de-sac and they have to drive by my house to get to my neighbor’s.

And before anyone suggests I was calling a different branch, I called the neighbor and got the number from them.

We used to order pizza on a weekly basis at our old house. Now we haven’t ordered a pizza for over 4 years. Another loss for corporate America.

Yeah, bullshit.

I worked at Pizza Hut damn near three years, and I’ll bet the destination of the unclaimed pizzas go the same place now as they did then: Home with the employees…

-Joe

I worked in a cable company in London and on more than one occasion I had to tell prospective customers

“I’m sorry, according to our records your house doesn’t exist.”

To which they would understandably respond something like “What the hell are you talking about? I’m in my house right now. I’m certain it exists.”

But the originators of our company had made the database many years ago, and it was organized by address (ie each address had an entry). This was convenient for when one customer moved out and another moved into the same address (we had all the info about the property on file), but we were not permitted to make new entries.

So some people just went without cable.

Systems are stupid, sometimes.

I happen to like Pizza Hut, though I’m sure the local places are even better.

My wife, on the other hand, refuses to get pizza from anywhere but Pizza Hut. Why? Because they’re the only pizza place that makes buffalo wings the way she likes them – not too oily, not too hot, not too difficult to keep down. Ah, marriage…

Wait, wait, wait. You’re telling me that in Ann Freakin’ Arbor, your choices of pizzerias is so slim that you would choose to go to a Pizza Hut?! I don’t get it. I mean, even here in Kalamazoo we have Bilbo’s and Roma’s, which are pizza heaven. Surely you UofM people must be able to make a decent pizza.