A big Thank you to the SDMB Dev Team

Yes, a huge thank you! After all the bitching on the old site about how crummy it was, doing all that work to fix the issues by moving the site, seeing all the bitching here about this site must have made you feel like screaming.

We’re lucky to have you, TubaDiva and Co.

And thanks to sotoasty for starting this thread. I’ve wanted to do it since yesterday but couldn’t figure out how.

I hope the admin and dev people that worked on the move are reading this thread. Thank you so much for forcing everybody to move into the 21st century, and I’m already liking the new site much more than the old one. I’m very impressed that the move was able to happen and preserve all of the old posts and posting history. I’m sure that was a requirement of any move, but it must have made things much more difficult.

I do IT stuff, and there are lots of people that whine and carry-on about any change at all. You’d have thought the world was ending when I moved my department from Squirrelmail to Roundcube. And of course there are petitions and protests every time Facebook or Twitter change something (“this new interface is terrible, the avatar pictures are somewhat larger, and more to the left!”).

Usually within a week or so after the change the complaints have separated into two categories: people that are upset because it’s different, and they just need to learn the new interface; genuine issues that need to be resolved. Almost always, the second category is much smaller.

Yes indeed, thank you so much. I love our new digs.

I like it
Thx

mc

Charmed to meet you!

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Me as well. This was a stellar effort in the face of formidable resistance to change.

I wasn’t sure when we first got here, but like life, it’s much like putting in new carpet. You lay it out, cut off the pieces you don’t want and then kick the shit out of it till it fits.

Well done, and thank you.

Don’t talk to it. You don’t know where it’s been!

Having been involved in some fairly big migration and redesign projects in the past, it can be a thankless task. Thanks for all the hard work, and for getting the place into shape and looking like it does. It’s not exactly the same, but I’m finding little features I like as I explore more.

It’s probably okay if you’re both wearing masks and stay six feet apart. But don’t shake its hand!

Bot viruses use deviant means to disseminate. :computer:

Another thank you. A lot of us, myself included, are old enough that we’ve reached the “change is bad!” default state of being. But one can only hope we’ve also lived long enough to learn that a little patience and flexibility goes a long way.

I can only imagine what a headache it must have been to complete the migration. Yet it’s gone impressively smoothly. Inevitably, there are a lot of complaints, but I hope Tuba Diva and others who worked hard won’t feel too personally discouraged by the grousing. I’m sure they were expecting it.

I for one am willing to go through the occasional, temporary frustration of figuring out something new in order to have a much faster SDMB that doesn’t time out all the time. THANK YOU.

Another former IT type checking in to say “Thank you for a (very) difficult job well done!!”.

Don’t let the whiny bastards get you down. They’ll adapt soon enough.

Thanks, you all.

Longtime (mostly) lurker. Just wanted to say thank you to all in tptb for a job well done. This is not a trivial nor an easy transition from an IT standpoint. It was not flawless nor should it be expected to be. I think it has gone very smoothly, but then I like infinite scroll. Amazing job!

Thank you, thank you. I’m liking the new place but even if I didn’t I appreciate the hard work went into making the change - and how few problems there have been.
Job well done.