A Charlie Brown Christmas

A little late for this, but I just realized I had not watched it yet this year. Favorite quotes? I’ll start with this one.

Lucy: I know how you feel about all this Christmas business, getting depressed and all that. It happens to me every year. I never get what I really want. I always get a lot of stupid toys or a bicycle or clothes or something like that.
Charlie Brown: What is it you want?
Lucy : Real estate.

Our tradition is to watch it on Christmas Eve. We celebrate Wigilia. So first we go to mass then we share oplatek, then vegetarian meal with pierogi and accompaniments, then exchanging of gifts, being opened one by one starting with the youngest taking turns with next oldest and so on, then watching Charlie Brown Christmas. Very uplifting.

I learned something today, had never heard of Wigilia. When I was a kid we could open one present Christamas Eve (never real estate). Wish I had thought of Charlie Brown Christmas earlier today when I was at my parent’s house, with my brothers. I would have had to steal a copy from Bitorrent, but I don’t think my ISP would have come after us.

I liked the weird dances they did

All I want is what’s coming to me. All I want is my fair share.

I like the little ‘tinkle-tinkle’ when the needles fall of the Sad Tree.

We’ve heard enough from you, Dog!

Do they still make wooden Christmas trees?

I know I’m Jewish, but my mother’s family was from Slovakia, and spoke Slovak: isn’t that “oplatky,” in the plural? (or maybe you’d spell it “oplatki,” that I don’t know). I mean, if you’re going to use the plural pierogi.

:wink:

The one part that’s really dated. Not only do they still make wooden trees 55+ years on, great big shiny aluminum Christmas trees were only a short time fad. They were pretty much out not long after the special aired, (With their rotating colored light, because of course you can’t risk a light string short on an aluminum tree.)

Now artificial, pre-lighted trees, (that no longer look like “green pipe cleaners”), yes, they’re everywhere. I would say they aren’t tacky or representative of over-commercialization, though.

And “All I want is my fair share…” is also my favorite line.