A Game Demo to Scare the HELL out of you!!!

For those of you who, like I do, yearn for the days of a scary game like Clive Barker’s Undying, I may have just found it in a demo called Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi. I just died trying to play the game but so far it has the elemnts of a freaky freaky game.
The story starts out with you headed to a castle in Transylvania to see your sister get married to a count. You arrive a day late and things aren’t looking good. You get a sword out of a box right off the bat, and from then on it’s a quest to not get killed. The demo is very noir, and the graphics are intentionally grainy, like it was an old black and white movie. The strange visual texture of the game reminds me of the opening credits from Seven.
I got a lot of ammuntion, but unfortunately no guns to fire yet. You do get a cross which can be used to push away the enemy or kill them outright in some cases. There are stakes to use on the enemy also. Health is scarce and the badguys have NO problems whatsoever with hitting you hard enough to send you running like a little girl.
My first impressions of the game after 10 minutes of play? Let’s just say I WILL NOT be playing this demo in the dark on Halloween thank you very much.

This has been a public service announcement for People Who Are Looking For Non Crappy Games (PWALFNCG)

Sanscour

Ooh, I liked Undying, and this one does sounds pretty good. I’ll have to look for that demo.

If you’re looking for another non-crappy game, try Tron 2.0. It’s not scary or anything, but it’s got good gameplay, and it’s long.

For anyone who wants to download it, I found it at http://www.3dgamers.com/dl/games/nosferatu/nosferatu_demo_us.exe.html
I am downloading at we speak.

In terms of scary games though, I can’t wait for Call of Cthulhu-Dark Corners of the Earth to come out. :smiley: :smiley:

Autobiography?

Same here… the Cthulhu game just looks way twisted. I love it!

Played throught the demo a couple of times- very creepy atmosphere, and everything seem to be well made.

What are the system requirements? I can’t find anything on any of the links that tells me exactly what you need to PLAY the damn thing…

I’m downloading the demo now. It seems like the download sites are all jammed, so I’d guess that this demo is getting a lot of attention.

Torrent feed anyone?

G’dammit! 3 secs left on the download, 211 of 211MB downloaded and the damn things frozen and the server can’t be found.

What do I do now?

I feel your pain, Tortuga. That really sucks, doesn’t it?

The demo is pretty cool. Really creepy stuff, and good old school action.

BTW, there’s a flintlock pistol in the courtyard. I think the location changes each time you play the demo. It’s pretty powerful, but it’s got a looong reload time (which is realistic).

The help file in the demo list the requirements as:

Pentium III 733 MHz processor
128 MB RAM
350 MB free hard disc space
CD-rom drive (4x)
Direct X 8.1 installed (included on the CD-rom)
Windows 98, 2000 or XP
Monitor with 800 x 600 resolution, 16-bit high color video mode
100% DirectX compatible soundcard and drivers
100% Direct-3D compatible hardware Accelerator with 16 MB VRAM
100% Microsoft compatible mouse/keyboard and drivers.

I have a AMD Athlon 2000XP+, a Gig of RAM, and a Geforce4Ti-4600 video card, and it runs wonderfully on my machine.

I’m not too sure about this game. Granted this is just a demo, but I’m getting some awful animations for the weapons, especially the sword. This guy’s just come from the Olympics and walking tires him out? I really like the random level generation, although I’ve run into things like a long series of corridors that ends in a bedroom.

I’ve saved Grandpa once, and that machine gun really came in handy. But I always get a message telling me Doctor Whatisface has died, and I’ve never even seen him.