A Hallmark card to Iraq: Sorry we blew up your country

Would you like to borrow some money to fix it?

Special interest rates available to countries we have blown up.

Apply today!!
WTF are people in congress thinking? :smack:

Listen up people and get it fucking right. Whether or not you agree if we should have attacked Iraq, the goddamn fact is, WE DID! We did a lot of damage and we have gotten in too deep to just pick up and walk away. Certainly we need to be thinking of getting out of there as quickly as possible, but there is still a lot of work to be done and we owe it to the people we blew the shit out of to get things done. And “loaning” them the money to get the job done is totally preposterous. Not to mention the most moronic idea since starting this stupid fucking war!

It’s too bad the 9/11 hijackers didn’t focus their attention more on capitol hill. We really need to just get rid of the entire congress and start over. It’s no wonder the entire world hates us. From the white house down, nothing but jack-asses.

I’m going to run away to Canada. Fuck this fucked up fucking goddamn partisan fucking fucked up place. It’s getting very tiresome.

You people in places like L.A. and NY City are prepared to die I hope. You realize it’s only a matter of time until they get a nuke into our country. You realize you’re the most likely targets? You realize this isn’t 24 and Jack Bauer won’t be here to save your ass?

People better get their heads out of their asses and start voting some real Americans into office that actually care about this place and not just lining their own goddamn pockets. And there are people out there like that. But you fucking droons just vote for the person that a)has the right part affiliation and b)has the best commercials. Idiots.

Speaking of party affiliation, how long till Arnold switches to the side of the Dems? I give him less then a year to make that announcement. I will be laughing my ass off too at all the stupid pubbies that were so smitten by him.

Politics as usual (from both sides you asshole dems & pubs).

Fuck it. Kill 'em all… blah blah blah

Here’s some gold!

(Now THERE’S a geek reference if there ever was one.)

Alec Baldwin and Barbara Streisand promised that too. I have a feeling you’re not going to come through either. Too bad.

I agree that this loan business is bullshit, but some of your comments in the OP lead me to believe you’re just a prick of the highest order.

[complete screaming homo mode]

BARBRA! With one A!

For Gods’ sake don’t try to pronounce Liza Minnelli!

And we’d give her a queen’s welcome. tosses glitter

[/cshm]

The last I heard on the subject, the money that would be used to rebuild Iraq was going to come in the form of a grant. That has changed?

Well I guess that’s better then being one of the lowest order. But comparing me with a Baldwin… Well, that’s just uncalled for! I cry fowl! <what can I say? I like chicken>:rolleyes:

So which comments are prickish? Was it the part about trying to coax people to quit electing these monkey farts? Or just the overall tone? Enquiring minds want to know! Don’t hold back dude, say what you mean! On the other hand, I suppose the post could have done without the kill congress implications.

If I say please, will you just vote them all out? I was convicted of a felony when I was a much younger man so I don’t think I’m allowed to vote. I don’t understand why the fuck they send me a voters card every year though? Maybe after 20 years I’ve paid my debt and they don’t mind now if I vote? I’ve always been afraid to try because I’m afraid they might charge me some kind of fraudulent act or some shit.

About Canada, my company has a very large office there and I’ve already inquired about transferring. But my Mother is sick and needs me. So for now I stay.

Sanscour: Some in congress have suggested that instead of giving them the money, we should make it a loan instead. As far as I know, it’s just been the dems, but that’s just because we have republican in the white house. If we had a democrat in there I’m sure a republican would step up with the same stupid, moronic idea.

Maybe the real problem is that their heads are fucked up from being a bunch of page boy fucking closet queens. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. <gawd, now matt will come back and flame me for sure>

Come out of the closet, boys. Embrace your sexual identity and set thyself free! Although after seeing these statements by Barney Frank, I’m probably wrong about this. Nah! He’s just playing the same old partisan politics. As I said before, it only matters which party is in the white house as to which way these guys swing.

I agree the idea of making Iraq repay the money later is incredibly stupid and wrong.

In related news: The Bush administration threatened for the first time Tuesday to veto an $87 billion package for Iraq and Afghanistan if Congress converts any Iraqi rebuilding money into loans.

The war was sold to us with the intimation that oil revenues would pay for reconstruction.

The US deliberately tried to limit the damage done to Iraq’s infrastructure with the explicit purpose of making the rebuilding process easier and cheaper after regime change was instituted. Much of the expense has come from looting and sabotague by elements still loyal to Sadam. You think we need to pay for what they deliberately broke?

Most vile thing I’ve had the displeasure to read this morning, but it’s young yet and I’m sure you spew some more idiocy before you’re through.

No worries. You provide an accurate breakdown of what “they” broke versus what “you” or “we” broke, and proof of who the “they” are, and an explanation of why the general Iraqi populace should be liable for what “they” did, and we’ll continue the debate.

— kp_72110

— Lynn Bodoni

Fine Desmostylus. Maybe when those same elements that you wish to reimburse quit killing our boys and allow a freely elected government to be put in place we can sit down and figure out who’s responsible for what.

I have no problem with the US contributing billions to get the wheels in motion for a recovery but at some point Iraq has to take responsibility as well.

We’re trying to make the place safer and better than it was before. That benefits everyone there except for those elements that were criminally benefiting from Sadam’s reign, Baath loyalists in general. Should they (your average Iraqii) not help in a cause that benefits them?

Do you have some recent stats on this? Last i saw there was only about a $bil in damages from the looting, but that was months ago.

We became responsible maintaining law and order. Even though the post-war chaos was amply predicted we didn’t see fit to act in such a way as to prevent it. While the looting may not’ve been our fault, it is our responsibility.

Since Iraq cannot pay for it’s own reconstruction and refurbishemnt, and since it’s our stated goal to turn iraq around into an example and role model for the rest of the ME, We’re kind of stuck with it. (Unless we admit failure, turn tail and run saying, “Oops. I guess we fucked up. Good luck folks. See ya. by the way don’t be mad.”)

If it’ll make you happy, Khalid Sheikh Muhammed has confirmed that the destination of Flight 90, the one that crashed in PA, was indeed Capitol Hill (with the White House as a backup). They wanted to strike at our Economy, Military, and Goverment.

You’re still an asshole, though.

“While the looting may not’ve been our fault, it is our responsibility.”

Excellent phrase, SimonX, sums it up nicely. I was not one of those people who expected our paths to be strewn with flowers but neither did I expect the looting of orphanges and hospitals, etc., down to the bare walls.

Don’t act stupid, no one wants to pay money to the geurrillas. Duh.
The Us is responsible for everything now. We evicted the previous gov. We ar in charge, therefore we’re responsible for everything, even things that aren’t our fault.

True enough. If Iraq never tales responsibilityt then oru invasion will be an abject failure. Chalabi and theIGC want more responsibility than we’re giving them.

Of course they should. If you’d look at the actual number, you’d see that they’re doing all that they can, just it isn’t very much.

Iraq was seriously fucked under Saddam. We have to get things much better than pre-invasion levels.

They can’t pay for it now but shouldn’t a portion of future revenues above and beyond what’s needed to bring their country back up to at least 2nd world status be used to repay some of the enormous investment the US is having to make in their infrastructure?

We’ve already made the ultimate sacrifice to the tune of 300 American lives and counting. We’re not there as colonialists but instead are seeking to help them reach a stable form of self government. We’re pouring a minimum of 87,000,000,000 (again, and counting) dollars into their country. The notion we’re there to profit from the situation is absurd. Should we not wish a portion of our efforts be reimbursed?

They can’t pay for it now but shouldn’t a portion of future revenues above and beyond what’s needed to bring their country back up to at least 2nd world status be used to repay some of the enormous investment the US is having to make in their infrastructure?

We’ve already made the ultimate sacrifice to the tune of 300 American lives and counting. We’re not there as colonialists but instead are seeking to help them reach a stable form of self government. We’re pouring a minimum of 87,000,000,000 (again, and counting) dollars into their country. The notion we’re there to profit from the situation is absurd. Should we not wish a portion of our efforts be reimbursed?

Wlll that future point ever arrive, though? Doesn’t seem likely at the moment.

That didn’t come out quite like I’d meant. My apologies as I’d not meant to imply such. And, Simon, thanks for the figures.

Actually, only $20bil is going toward Iraq’s recon.
While the work’ll be done in Iraq and Iraq will getwhatever roads buildings etc, the bulk of the money will only flow through Iraq. American cos are the primary contract holders and they’re hiring non-Iraqis, for “security reasons.”