A kitten in a rainstorm

Really, I want to tell you how great it is that you rescued that kitty. She can never replace your previous cat, but she can be just as loved, and loving.

After I had my first cat put down I thought I could *never *love a cat the same way, although I intended to get one.

One, that’s the operative word. I now have three, all of which are rescues of one sort or another. And I cherish the memory of my first cat Baby, but I love Tobermory, Vladimir, and Attila too.

I look forward to stories of how your new mistress is treating you. Don’t feel too bad about becoming a slave, I’m sure she’ll be good to you.:smiley:

Aw, good on you for taking her in. Hope everything goes well!

aaaawwww, poor little tykelet.

i’m glad everything looks fixable. koritsa the kuddley had a flaming hot owie looking rearend when i found her. it took 4 days for things to cool down and become the delicate pink we see when she walks away. some rather strong “run from the room” poos as well until the parasite stuff cooled down.

i’ll bet y’all are best buds already.

congrats on your little fuzzy girl.

Sure sounds like she stamped your adoption papers with a indelible signature.

Good on you for the rescue. You saved two lives that night.

:smiley:

I’m glad to hear that the kitten has a nice, warm, safe home now. Good for you for doing what you did. Looking forward to photos!

About 12 years ago I opened the back door at around midnight just to get a breath of fresh air before hitting the sack.

It was late November and bloody cold.

On my back step was this tiny half frozen kitten who could barely utter a squeak.

I took it (turned out to be a him) in, wrapped it in and old pullover and set it in a box.

Eccles, as he was eventually named, has now been with me since that night and I’ve never been so glad that I decided on that breath of air when I did.

Thanks for doing what you did, consider yourself adopted. You’ll find your kitty will train you quite easily

If you can ever post some pics somewhere, please let us know!

Awwwww, Dinky, (snatches kitten up and snorgles belly).

My mother and I argued about whether or not “Dinky” was a dignified name for a cat, so I just declared her to be Dignity, or Diggy for short. The name seems to suit her.

It’s been a pretty rough day here, though, which is why I didn’t get back with pictures sooner. The diarrhea she’d been suffering from before has gotten worse, so that now she seems to just be constantly “leaking” a bit, though she still manages to get anything substantial in the litter box. She’s eating and drinking, which is all very good, but I had to remove her from my room, since I couldn’t keep the carpet and my bed clean. She crawled into bed with me last night and was very sweet, but because of her intestinal troubles the sheets and comforter will have to be cleaned.

For now, she’s in the bathroom, where she has her food (she loves her canned cat food), water, a litter box, a nice little nest to curl up in and frequent visits from me. She seems to appreciate those best of all, and purrs like a jet engine. She’s very fond of wrapping herself around my hand, or curling into a little ball, and generally acting like a boneless little squid.

When she was feeling better earlier, though, I took her into the kitchen with me to explore a bit and got a couple of pictures:

And this is the wicked Harley Quinn, from whom Diggy is still quarantined:

And the late, lamented Clancy, with my niece:

I’ll be calling the vet again tomorrow. Hopefully by then she’ll have recovered somewhat. A friend of mine suggested giving her a combination of chicken, squash and soft brown rice to help with the diarrhea, but I don’t want to introduce anything new to her diet until I’ve talked to the vet.

Awwww, she’s adorable! I love tabbies… :slight_smile:

I sure hope she’s feeling better soon. She certainly looks healthy and happy in those pics. Lovely color, too!

She is adorable. I hope her intestinal issues clear quickly!

You can’t really see in those pictures, but sometimes when the light hits her she looks almost blue, with a funny sort of rust color underneath. She’s got gorgeous fur. I hope the color doesn’t change too much as she gets older.

And, yeah, she does seem to be perfectly healthy and happy now. She’s not acting like she’s in pain. She just can’t stop pooping. Hopefully, it’ll stop before she gets all dehydrated again.

'Scuze me, I’m squeeing now. That is one hella cute kitty.

ah the old intestinal shuffle. been there with one or two kitties in my time. stick with the vet’s plan. folks offering suggestions mean well, but those tiny little tummies don’t do well with anything but kitten remedies. she’ll come out of that pretty soon. the worms are a nuisance, but once they’re gone, they’re gone. i trust she’s to be strictly an indoor girl?

while i type, miss maggie from indianapolis - the subject of my girl posse’s road trip to chatanooga, tennessee a couple of years ago and mentioned elsewhere in these boards - waves a congratulatory paw at your new feline overlord (the conspiracy continues!).

much good karma to you caeried. bast is most pleased with you!

Yeah, that’s only 'cause her dribbly back end isn’t in the pictures. :slight_smile:

Stokie had some pretty major intestinal issues (although mostly he hit the litter box) for which we tried several kinds of antibiotics, several courses of deworming, etc. Finally we put him on allergenic prescription food, which works like a charm. Seriously, that cat has gotten so glossy he shines. In other words, even if it’s hard to fix eventually you’ll probably find something that works.

And she is amazingly adorable. Give her a kissyface for me. (Er, if you want to. Last time I did that to Dewey he slipped me the tongue. I have never, yet never, seen my boyfriend laugh so hard.)

That’s the plan. Since her previous experience with being outside was in the cold, wet scariness, I’m imagining it won’t be a difficult transition for her. She hasn’t attempted to escape yet and has been content to stay in whatever room I currently have her in, though she will happily explore the borders of that room. Once she’s big enough, she’ll be fixed, too. Even if she has no boys to frolic with, I’d rather avoid the woes of estrus.

Zsofia, she will get kissy face as soon as she’s unstinky enough to do so. Aside from her leaky hindquarters, the deworming has caused some…epic flatulence.

Oh, Stokie still does that. Only, his farts smell like Cheerios. They are easily squeezed out of him; if he jumps on you often it jostles one out and he runs on and leaves it to you as a little present. A present that makes you kind of want to eat some Cheerios, but then you realize why and it’s gross.

I’m glad you changed the name, because you know if you named her Dinky she would grow up to weigh 47 pounds.

This is true. I know a 40 pound former litter runt named Squirt.

Best you keep her away from West Virginia police.