A link to a broadcast of the Canadian Opera Company's "Ariadne auf Naxos", featuring yours truly.

Hello, everyone - I hope you will pardon a moment of self-promotion. Last May, I played the role of ‘The Lackey’ in the Canadian Opera Company’s production of Richard Strauss’ “Ariadne auf Naxos”. The performance was recorded for radio broadcast, and was on the airwaves this past Saturday, July 21st. I was very disappointed to have been too busy to post a link or a note here for the curious. Imagine my pleasure when I discovered that the COC now has permission to post a link to the broadcast as ‘radio on demand’.

So, here for your listening pleasure, “Ariadne auf Naxos”. For the impatient among you, my bit starts at about 7:10 of Act I, and is over by 9:10. How fleeting is fame…

Hoping you enjoy! Other than me, this is an outstanding cast - Richard Stillwell, Alice Coote, Richard Margison, Jane Archibald, Adrienne Pieczonka…

Congratulations.

Grats! I wish my voice was as clear and strong; alas, mine is only suitable for material of a more growly nature.

[QUOTE=Le Ministre de l’au-delà;15305410
So, here for your listening pleasure, “[Ariadne auf Naxos]
(http://www.coc.ca/COC-Radio.aspx#playlist-15330)”. For the impatient among you, my bit starts at about 7:10 of Act I, and is over by 9:10. How fleeting is fame…

[/QUOTE]

Nein! You’ve forgotten your entrance at 20:05. Very important line there (else how would everybody be thrown into such a panic?)

I did the Lackey in January (of course, I was doing it at a small regional company, not COC). It’s a fun little role.