A Movie History of the Universe

I recall reading a fun thread elsewhere on this premise but I can’t track it down to give due credit. Anyway it was basically a run down of the history of the world from science-fiction books and movies as if it was all true with each person adding to and expanding the list.

Thought it might be fun to give it a try here, material doesn’t have to come from movies or science-fiction only but that was the best title I could think of.

I’ll start off

1994 - (Independence Day) Aliens invade (again) destroying most of the worlds major cities, they’re beaten off by a plucky pilot and a nerd with a Macintosh. Humanity rebuilds just in time for…

1997 - (Terminator) Skynet launches all out thermonuclear war on humanity, destroying whats left of the planets infrastructure, the war between the humans and the machines has begun.

You get the idea :slight_smile:

Quest for Fire – The Neolithic Age gets off to a roaring start when plucky Neolithic warriors steal Rae Dawn Chong from another tribe. Rae teaches them the missionary position and how to start a fire. Humanity is saved! And sexier!

Pearl Harbor – Turns out World War II was started when the Japanese bombed an American love triangle in Pearl Harbor.

That time in the 90s when Ricardo Montalban ran a genetically engineered dictatorship over Asia. Happy days. We should never have cryogenically frozen him and shot him into space.

1953 (The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms), 1954 (Them!, Godzilla), 1961 (Mothra), 2012 (?) – The world is attacked by creatures that result from Atomic Radiation.

According to “Things To Come” (1936) a great war will start in 1938.

5 Million B. C. Martians send a space ship to earth to conquer it.
1 Million B. C.: Incredibly sexy cave women struggle against dinosaurs.
35,000 B. C.: Giant black dominos appear and play Also Sprach Zarathustra.

yeah, also in the 1990s there was that freak accident that blew the moon out of Earth orbit (Space: 1999) along with the lunar colony we had set up there. All that work fer nothing!

Well it could be worse. Remember the 50s when the giant grasshoppers overran Chicago? (Beginning of the End). And we had that little giant ant problem in the tunnels under Los Angeles? (Them.) And that giant guy! (The Amazing Colossal Man) and the giant woman! (Attack of the 50 Ft. Woman). And all of it due to nuclear testing. I’m just damn glad Godzilla stuck to Tokyo.