A murder, a clue and a twist

Oddly enough, I just found myself doing the exact opposite – though I usually unscrew with the dominant hand, I had a recalcitrant new bottle of olive oil, and after two tries that way, I – totally unselfconsciously – swapped hands and held the cap with my left hand and the bottle with my right (dominant) hand.

Imagine my astonishment.
[mod tiara on]

Don’t do that, even as a joke (which this obviously was). We’re very serious about the rule against mucking with anyone else’s quote. You may remove material – preferably indicating with elipses or a [snip] where you have done so – but never add words.

Thanks for you cooperation.
[/mod tiara off]**

[snip and add]

Bwahahahahaha and found the secret…to life…ITSELF!

[/snip]

D’at betta?

Jesus, 2 years on the Dope and I finally draw moderator attention in IMHO. Sorry Twix. Hell, you’re one of my favorite mods, too.

Right before I read your OP, I had just opened a bottle. While I read the post, the cap was still in my left hand and the bottle in my right.

I’m right handed.

Caps twist to the left. It’s easier to screw them off with my left hand. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what I usually do.

Much, thank you. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sucking up not necessary, but always appreciated. :wink:

Seriously – thanks for your cheerful cooperation with this.

Is it within the rules to edit your own post?

Because I think Attack from the 3rd dimension’s version is objectively better than the original.

Great … a mad scientist teaming up with someone from the third dimension … maybe I’ll go eat some pie and veg out in front of the TV for a while … it seems safer …

I’d hold with my left and unscrew with my right. Obviously, I can’t answer for others though.

I would think that the natural thing to do would be to pick the bottle up with your dominant hand, then unscrew the cap with the other hand (which is what I do).

Likewise. I’m right-handed. I pick up the bottle with my right hand, and untwist the cap with my left. Doing it the other way 'round feels slightly odd, but not totally out of the question.

No, you do things with your dominant hand, like manipulating flint strikers or jar lids. :slight_smile:

But picking up the bottle is also doing something. :stuck_out_tongue:

You are obviously seriously disturbed.

:slight_smile:

It doesn’t matter to me which hand I use to unscrew the lid, but I’m happier pouring with my dominant hand.

ambidexter here, either hand. Only reason I consider right my dominant hand is the world is designed for righties, so it is easier not to buck the system. Unfair, but that is the way of the world =)