A Perfectly Reasonable Amount of Schadenfreude about Things Happening to Trump & His Enablers (Part 1)

Let me say that I certainly hope he doesn’t die. I hope he doesn’t even suffer that badly. I hope that he wises up and turns his experience into something positive. Maybe he can recover and go on the air, tell people he was wrong, and encourage his listeners to get the vaccine. He might be able to do some good.

I certainly hope it’s more of a transformative experience for him than it so obviously was for Twitler.

Yeah, a lot of us hoped Trump would do that.

Don’t know that anyone even imagined that would happen, though.

No, right now the only way to do that is to give Putin the ol’ Nine-Millimeter Retirement Package. But, some people on that side of the pond might just take it the wrong way.

Not knowing where else to put this, but Hobby Lobby just took a bizarre hit:

Imgur

This also happened in the past hour:

Imgur

Wu-Tang is for the Constitution.

Didn’t they get taken in by fake Dead Sea Scroll fragments or something a while back? What is it with Hobby Lobby and ancient artifacts?

“It belongs in a museum!”

Maybe Iraq wants it back. Their Prime Minister was just here.

Unless I’m reading that wrong, it says it was seized in Sept. 2019. I wonder why it’s just making the news now? Doesn’t really matter tho… fuck Hobby Lobby.

Today they sold it and realized the (undisclosed) gain. The $ gained, along with other forfeited assets, was enough to satisfy the $7.4 million owed and that is a new development in this case.

How can they sell it if it’s been forfeited?

AFAICT it’s another chapter in the saga of HL’s evangelical Christian owners wanting to accumulate inventory for their projected “Bible Museum”.

Rich western evangelicals are some of the worst when it comes to irresponsibly encouraging traffic in historical artifacts that can be in any way characterized as “biblical”. I wouldn’t mind so much if their greed and carelessness about provenance were just resulting in their ignorantly getting conned into buying forgeries, but a lot of this stuff is genuine antiquities whose historical and scholarly import is being significantly degraded by illegal looting and trafficking.

The original thieves and looters shouldn’t be let off the hook for enabling them, but rich buyers don’t even have the excuse of financial desperation and struggle for survival that a lot of site looters in war-torn areas have.

I just love that the US has a Polite Assistant Attorney General. So much better than those rude Attorneys General that other countries have.

He forfeited it to the government to satisfy the demands of the criminal settlement. The government, now in possession, sold it and applied the proceeds to his settlement.

The government wants cash, they don’t want stuff.

Sorry, got confused. Thought you were talking about the Gilagamesh one.

Ahhh. Yes, cross communications. I think that, by the traditions of this Board, we are supposed to start yelling at each other or something.

Isn’t Gilagamesh the one that will start a new age of darkness out of Charlie Harper’s loins?

The “G is for Goober” crew didn’t do very well with their attempt at counter-programming:

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/565069-protesters-shut-down-greene-gaetz-event

[The group] led by Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene (Ga.), Matt Gaetz (Fla.), Louie Gohmert (Texas) and Paul Gosar (Ariz.), were holding a news conference outside the DOJ to protest the treatment of individuals arrested in connection to the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, when counterprotesters arrived on the scene.

One protester repeatedly blew a whistle during the event, and other demonstrators were holding signs that read “Jan 6th was an inside job, vets for democrats” and “Traitors + Rapists: Sit Down,” the latter likely referring to Gaetz, who is under investigation for an alleged sexual relationship with a 17-year-old girl…

that I would pay to watch. I would just sit back and enjoy.

After repeatedly sucking up to Trump, George P. Bush didn’t get Trump’s endorsement