A Perfectly Reasonable Amount of Schadenfreude about Things Happening to Trump & His Enablers (Part 1)

Oh, of course. What was I thinking?

You left out feminist. Sheesh.

And homosexual.

How often have we been told here about people who voted for Trump just because the left were so mean to them?

They MADE me drive drunk by passing laws against driving drunk. It’s THEIR fault!

This is the logic of a mental defective.

Brought to you by the same subculture that gave us “rolling coal”.

Because “freedom”.

Presented without comment.

Hasn’t this essentially been the GOP M.O. for the last 30 years? Name one successful piece of legislation - other than a tax cut for the rich - that has been initiated by the GOP. They don’t know how to govern, all they know how to do is react to whatever Democrats (try to) pass.

In the GW Bush years they passed some legislation, the patriot act for example. It was really MItch (#1 goal to make Obama a one-term president) McConnell that turned the Republicans into the anti-Democrat party.

It’s not even ironic, it’s just what you expect to happen. Anti-Vaxxers die of Covid, Anti-Parachutists die while skydiving, Anti-Breathers suffocate, and so on.

That may be when it went into overdrive (or maybe over-over-over drive), but they’ve been following the basic playbook Newt Gingrich drew up in the 90s. They’ve refined it, of course, but the ‘win at all costs, forget governance’ attitude has been around in the Senate for nearly 30 years. Ditto the House but with different players.

I mean, it’s kind of obvious when, in the aftermath of 9/11, the GOP decided the appropriate response to the biggest attack on American soil since Pearl Harbor was…tax cuts for the rich.

Democrats should craft a policy that promotes breathing air into your lungs, and pass laws that prohibit people from wrapping drycleaning bags around their heads.

Sure, ever since the Gingrich’s Contract with on America, and continuing through Tom Delay’s permanent Republican Majority, the GOP has been putting party over country. But prior to McConnell they included some active legislation. As compared to McConnell’s all obstruction all the time.

:+1:

I mean, we can present all the science related to these laws. Fauci can support us.

Very, very often.

This is also the all-too-familiar rationale behind beating up one’s romantic/marital partner—‘she MADE me do it!’

Related, too: the “tone argument” (‘we’d listen to your argument if you made it in a more deferential-to-us manner, but not otherwise’).

There must be an experimentally-verifiable link between all of this and the pro-authoritarian brain. Something about having no agency of one’s own, since all agency properly belongs to the Great Father/Dear Leader. (Given that the GF/DL is the holy and righteous hand of the Deity, of course.)

Being pro-authoritarian is probably attractive to these people because they believe that the philosophy frees them from all personal responsibility. They can live in eternal childhood.

(Or so they believe. In actual fact, the grownups among the species behold the pro-authoritarians’ passive/aggressive, irresponsible shit and feel disgust and disdain.)

Eric Trump’s lawyer just quit:

“Rats Desert Stinking Shit”

Film at 11.

I heard he wasn’t being paid.

Take a close look at Eric Trump sometime. I see more intelligence in a head of cabbage. The wonder is that any lawyer ever agreed to represent him at all.

The lawyer in question, Marc Mukasey, is a former law partner of Rudy Giuliani, represented accused war criminal Eddie Gallagher, and is on Matt Gaetz’s legal team - and it’s Eric Trump he’s distancing himself from?

There are some things even a lawyer won’t do.