A pilot with too much time on his hands...

And apparently someone else paying for the fuel. Look here on flightaware for his flight track from Wichita, KS.

(flightaware tracks flights by n-number using their flight plan. We use it to monitor some flights in the flight school.)

Is that someone’s nutty idea for an LXC or perhaps just an April Fool’s joke?

Hmm… not likely to be an April Fool’s thing seeing as the flight ended 25 days ago. They do like to fly high though! Most of the flight was at 43000 feet.

Of course, if you had a Citation X you probably wouldn’t be toddling along at 5,000 feet.

I wonder if the person was just practicing instrument procedures (which ones other than standard rate turns and timing, I dont know), and decided to have some fun while at it.

I think it would have been funnier if he had spelled “squawk 7500”.

Looks like that aircraft is owned by Cessna, not just manufactured by them. And that happens to be the Cessna company logo. I wouldn’t be surprised if this is a backhanded advertisement. In which case, kudos, dudes. :cool:

Man, that wasn’t a little trip around the neighborhood either, they covered 7 states with that flight, including airspace near St. Louis and Chicago among others.

That is too cool. Neat thing to do.