A question about sexual orientation & loss of virginity

Straight male. Gave it up at 13, a couple years earlier than most of my peers.

Straight female. Lost my virginity about a week and a half before my 16th birthday, which made me a bit younger than most of my peers, but in part due to the fact that I skipped a grade–so it was really on spring break of my junior year of high school, which I’d say is relatively normal.

Band name!
As for the OP, I’m a straight male, confirmed through multiple experiments beginning at the age of 17. I suppose that makes me an average test subject.

19 and a half and I set out to lose it on purpose so I would stop being intimidated by the idea. Bisexual female who has had two partners total. Later than almost all of my friends at the time -excluding the two that are still virgins in our mid-20s. Everyone else, male and female, straight and gay, were in the 14-16 year range.
The worldwide average for first sexual intercourse (I assume they mean straight, p-in-v sex) is 17 years old.

Yeah, lost mine at 24, 2 months before my 25th birthday.

It’s the culture I live in. Most of my friends who grew up here are still virgins (I turn 28 this year). The only ones who aren’t are those who, like me, were brought up abroad. Apparently growing up in the US makes you a slut. :wink:

I sometimes wonder if I would be closer to bi had I spend my teenage and college years in the US. I’ve always been curious, at least, but in Korea there isn’t much opportunity to experiment.

I did some fooling around at a very young age, but first full on penetration was at 17. Gay male, 34.

I lost my virginity at 16, which I regard as being just about exactly on schedule. What was a little more peculiar is that I lost it as a direct result of playing Magic: The Gathering, which I understand is somewhat the reverse of the usual effect. Gay boy, 28.

Straight male. Lost my virginity at age 18, during my freshman year of college. I suspect it was later than many of my peers, since I, too, was a nerd, and I suspect many of the non-nerds in my high school class were sexually active.

Had I been gay, it probably would have been at least a little later, coming from a smallish town, and going to a large university in a very liberal city.

:smiley: I know what you mean; I lost my virginity as a direct result of playing Dungeons and Dragons.

Gay male. I lost my virginity at 18, the night before my calculus final. Probably a little late for a gay male, then, but way too late by today’s standards. And I think I would have lost it earlier if I’d been straight.

Straight male. I lost mine at very, very young age. It was with a neighbor’s 1 year older daughter who my stay-at-home mom used to care for when her parents were at work. Mom walked in on us, very quickly separated us, and the incident was never talked of after that. I was so young at the time that I can’t remember my exact age, but it was well under 10 years old.
I guess it’s understandable that the incident left me a strong fear of intimacy. Took me well into my late twenties to have sex the next time. And I’m still having trouble forming intimate relationships with women.

Ah well, probably TMI. For all of us.

Gay male - I had deliberate sexual activity with someone at age 13. Most gay men I’ve spoken to lost their virginity in their late teens or early twenties so I think I was ahead of the curve (not that I think that was any kind of success, mind you).

Straight male. I was 19, which was probably older than average for straight males of my generation. I really had no interest in sex until I was about 18 (though I made up for it).

Oh yes: hetero male, 43.

Straight female. I was 17. Several of my friends had lost it, a handful hadn’t, so I figure that’s about average.

Straight female - I was 18. (I think. Coulda been 17 but close to my 18th birthday.) Then, I thought I was late, due to the fact that I lived in a small town that also had a ton of pregnant teens and lots of stories about those who weren’t. Now, I think I was probably about average. Maybe slightly behind the curve, but certainly not the prude I was afraid that I was.

Straight male

I was 19, and it was with my first girlfriend. She and I had gone separate ways, but she came into town from college, I had a party that night. She had a lot of experiences by then that were new to me. I was later than most of my friends in having sex.

Until just now never really knew what “average” was. Nor did I, or do I, care much. (I’ve also heard that “average” penis size is 6 inches, but for some reason that seems small to me, so I never trust that statistic either.)

When I was the “average” age I had the same attitude as Algher, I was trying my damndest to lose it. I think that’s the reason I didn’t then, girls sense when you’re trying too hard. Instead, lost it on my wedding night to my wife (also a virgin) at the age of 28 (and she’s 10 years older than I - and strangely not a geek, at least I had an excuse for my virginity until then!). I’ve had no complaints about my sex life since then.

Dunno about the “if I was gay” angle. Like I explained in this thread, I’ve always thought that “innocent experimentation” among same-sex kids who always have, and always will, consider themselves heterosexual was normal, so I suppose if I was gay, I’d try to parlay that into a relationship (plus, I’d probably consider the “innocent experimentation” as “losing my virginity” as it would have been with my gender of choice), but, since I’d still be me, I’d still probably be too eager to loose my virginity, and that’s probably off-putting to guys too.

23 year old female, still got it. Pretty late, I think. Wouldn’t matter what my sexual orientation is, I think it’s a combo of anti-depressants leaving me in neutral instead of drive, if you know what I mean, and being pretty introverted.

Straight male. Lost it at 21. Later than my peers seeing as how I was celebate through high school and still couldn’t get laid in college.

Lost it a few months before my 22nd birthday, straight male. Later than my cohorots, but not obscenely so. I was/am a total nerd, and was not very skilled at the wooing arts.