[QUOTE=DevNull]
The Bush administration, along with president GW Bush, have sacrificed 3000+ of our soldiers in what is becoming a vain attempt to stop international Muslim terrorism by going soft on, appeasing, host nations of Muslim terrorists when it is clear that we can level them all.. alone.
[/quote]
Sure we can. By carpet-nuking. I hope you appreciate that is not an option to be considered, ever.
We lack the resources to “level them all” through conventional warfare. We lack the resources even to hold down two thoroughly conquered Middle Eastern countries.
[QUOTE=DevNull]
By sacrificing 3000+ of our troops in a failed attempt to appease the host nations it is clear that appeasement does not work.
[/quote]
It is also clear that the invasion of Iraq was an attempt to appease nobody.
[QUOTE=DevNull]
I am open to hear of incidents of appeasement that have worked to control aggression in regards to the interests and assets of the USA.
[/quote]
I am open to hear of incidents of appeasement by the USA, period. It’s not something I see much of in our history.
[QUOTE=DevNull]
Peace by appeasement, yes. Appeasement can only be implemented under the threat of aggression and aggression means war… to a self-respecting individual and a collective alike.
[/quote]
War, OTOH, does not always mean aggression – not on both sides, anyway.
[QUOTE=DevNull]
Peace may be also had by utter annihilation or the threat of such. Japan. Germany. Native Americans. I seriously doubt that leftists are attached to the peace that those incidents brought.
[/QUOTE]
Leftists would approve of the defeat and postwar reconstruction of Germany and Japan – fascist powers as they were – but not the extermination of the Indians. You would feel the same way on both points, would you not?