A signature TV voice is silenced

From http://www.laradio.com (pay subscription site):

And the Lord said, “Come on down, Rod!”

Rest in peace.

:frowning:

I was just reading the other day (at a Price is Right fansite) that he was on the up-and-up.

Rest in peace, Roddy.

A free link, BTW

Due to my current unemployment, I have watched my fair share of TPIR lately. The other guy has been competant, but I kept thinking “I wonder when Rod Roddy will get back.” I guess God called his name: “Come on down, Rod Roddy, you’re the next contestant…” RIP

MY mother will be so bummed. She loves that show, and I at least like it. She and my dad once attended a taping of TPIR, and recorded it the day it appeared. You can see them right down front in the audience.

I wonder who provided those flashy jackets RR wore? I used the think they couldn’t get any brighter.!

18 years? Why does it seem like he was there much longer?

Because his announcing style was quite a bit like the late, great Johnny Olsen, who announced the show from 1972 to his death in 1985, I’d guess.

Aha! That’s it. I thought it had been the same guy all along. Thanks for the info, Governor Quinn.

I called my mom as soon as I hear this morning… lots of memories watching TPIR with her and my grandfather when I was little…

Back in the 60’s, Rod Roddy spent some time in Atlanta at WQXI-AM (“Quixie in Dixie”), as one of the Quixie Tigers. He was a rockin’ dj, and I always enjoyed his show. I never really got used to him being a game show announcer (although God knows, the pay had to be much better), since he was the one who introduced me to such groups as the Count Five, the Syndicate of Sound and ? and the Mysterians.

RIP, Rod.

This is sad news, he seemed like a nice fellow. It won’t be the same without him.