A Thread for the Mueller Investigation Results and Outcomes (Part 1)

This dickhead thinks it’s over. Lol.

Like hell, it’s over. He must be one of those “great patriotic flag wavers” who don’t care about Putin fucking with us, don’t care about collusion and treason, don’t care about anything as long as their side wins.

Also…

Fuck the dollar (soon to be rubles?) cost. I’m more interested in the cost in terms of national security (how many secrets did Trump share with Putin that we DON’T know about and how 'bout them sanctions), trust (lack of it) in our government (full of Republican traitors), and a traitor rogue president who doesn’t even deserve to lick the shit off the White House toilets.

Just my opinion, but I think we’ll see bigger bombshells sooner than right around the mid-terms. Here’s why:

First, it takes time for the information itself and the import of that information to percolate through the collective consciousness of the country. If he starts 6 months ahead, voters will have enough time to grasp the magnitude.

Second, I think he has a lot to work with. A very lot. Mueller can start dropping bombshells in March or April and relentlessly continue dropping new ones all the way through the mid-terms and beyond. It will create an unavoidable drumbeat of staggering criminal conduct on the part of Trump and his cronies. Mueller will control the narrative. Notice that the impact of the Nunes memo has disappeared like a fart in a whirlwind.

The Special Counsel just released his own “memo.” He has laid his foundation: Criminal conduct on the part of a foreign power did occur, extensively, in the 2016 election. Going forward, any conspiracy, cooperation or collusion (pick your ‘c’ word) knowingly participated in by any American citizen means that they, too, participated in a criminal activity. There will be no more talk of hoaxes – and eventually, no way for Trump to deny his involvement as The Reveal progresses, even before any report is submitted to Congress. Throughout all this, we know we can count on Trump to continue to act guilty.

Third, all this evidence of criminal conduct is going to ratchet up pressure on the Republican Congress. In a weird way, despite the fact that they’ve been traitorous fuckers for a year and a half starting with Mitch McConnell’s and Paul Ryan’s refusals to join President Obama’s entreaty to alert the public about Russian election interference in a bi-partisan way back in September 2016, Mueller’s indictments give cover to congressional Republicans to now finally acknowledge the reality of the situation, even against Fox “News” propaganda and Trump’s base. If they don’t, it just gets worse and worse for them in the mid-terms. Accordingly, Congress will either do a hasty about face and vote for impeachment ahead of the mid-terms, or they’ll be slaughtered in the mid-terms. Mueller means for this to end in impeachment, then criminal charges and conviction of Trump.

Fourth, by revealing the criminal activity sooner rather than later, state officials will hopefully be galvanized to harden their election systems in an effort to prevent worse hacking than occurred in 2016. Despite repeated statements by the Trump “administration” that there is no evidence of actual hacking into voting systems, that’s not true. There was limited penetration into some systems. And of course, you can’t find what you never looked for. One of the easiest and best steps that can be quickly taken in all districts is to add paper ballots to all systems. The sooner people accept the reality of the Russian interference, the sooner they’ll take concrete steps to protect our voting systems.

I believe Mueller has his timing for all this set out like a military campaign. There will soon be endless news about new indictments, arrests, arraignments, plea deals, trials and the full extent of the rot – as is already evidenced by what is stated in the indictments document – for a prolonged period of time.

It’s also worth noting that Mueller’s indictments support more of Christopher Steele’s dossier, so they dial back criticism of the dossier-- and Mr. Steele himself – as well.

Just what makes you people think that Trump is still being implicated? This was always a counter-intelligence investigation, not a criminal investigation of Trump.

I mean, I wouldn’t surprise me at all if Trump were engaged in some kind of shady dealing, but where I come from we like to have actual evidence before assuming someone must be guilty. So far, we have a couple of underlings caught in perjury traps, and that’s it. The 13 indictments that just came down had absolutely nothing to do with Trump, but you are acting like this is the big breakthrough you’ve been waiting for.

It seems to me that the preponderance of evidence is looking worse for the Clinton campaign, the FBI and the Obama DOJ, and better for Trump. You want Russian Collusion? How about building a dossier against a candidate, funded by the opposing candidate, by paying anonymous Russian officials for ‘dirt’ on said candidate? Because that’s what Clinton did. How is that not 10x worse than merely accepting a meeting from someone claiming to have unsolicited dirt?

You want government malfeasance? How about using that dossier to get a warrant to spy on an American, without disclosing to the court that it was funded by the opposing campaign? How about using a news article as a secondary source to get the warrant, when you knew the article was based on the same dossier but did not disclose that to the court?

Then there is the questionable unmasking of the names being surveilled by Susan Rice and Samantha Power, Obama’s last-minute order that made the results of the surveillance much more widely available within the government, etc.

I mean, as long as the criteria for guilt is smoke and not hard evidence, I see a lot of smoke rising from the Democratic side of things.

Or a Russian troll.

Of course you see smoke, Sam. You voted for a traitorous pussy grabber and got to keep defending that shit.

But given the criteria is not smoke, but hard evidence:

Manafort: indicted
Papadopoulos: pled
Gates: pleading
Flynn: pled
Session: recused
Russians operating pro-trump election op: indicted X 13

That is of course possible, but I don’t think it’s good to start down that road without evidence because it too easily becomes a McCarthyist crutch to use against anyone who disagrees with you.

Not to mention Obstruction of Justice which trump admitted to on national television. Shesss. I’d be embarrassed too if I voted for the moron trump. But sometimes, you just have to let it go. Ignore it, or admit how fucking wrong you where to help elect this asshole.

Since Sam is a Canadian, I doubt that he voted for Trump.

You better believe they are also looking at hotels and real estate 'sales" and other types of money laundering too.

Trump and his buddies ARE criminals. It’s just a matter of collecting enough evidence and presenting it.
All that other stuff you are dredging up is just bullshit and distraction.

They already have one hell of a case to pursue obstruction. The “masking unmasking” was a Republican lie. The shit about Clinton, at this point is just stupid and lazy.
Oh, and you “Trump patriots” make me want to puke.

You are so sadly misinformed. Unusual to find a Fox “News” watcher from Canada, since Canada doesn’t allow it as I recall, but obviously you can find Alex Jones and Breitbart without too much trouble.

Some facts:

The scary-sounding “unmasking” is routinely done by persons in government with appropriate security clearances to learn who the Americans are that are talking to foreign nationals adverse to our interests. Susan Rice and Samantha Power had such clearance (unlike 130 persons in the Trump “administration,” apparently) to request that unmasking be done, so they could understand the context of the discussions. The individuals, Susan Rice and/or Samantha Power, have no authority to unmask, only make the request. Whether or not to unmask is decided by the agency that provided the report. Stop acting like this is something nefarious. It isn’t.

There was no “building a dossier against a candidate, funded by the opposing candidate, by paying anonymous Russian officials for ‘dirt’ on said candidate.”

No dossier could be “built” if the target of the investigation, Trump, had not built it. Fusion GPS told Steele to learn what he could about Trump’s connections with Russia. He did. He made nothing up. He investigated. He reported. The dirt was there to find. You want to blame Steele for finding it, instead of the person who committed the criminal acts that were discovered. Don’t you get that? There is absolutely nothing illegal or even immoral about the investigation undertaken by Steele on behalf of the Clinton campaign.

The contents of the dossier were not released until after the election and the Clinton campaign never used any information revealed in the dossier in the campaign. Therefore, the dossier could have no effect on the outcome of the election. Look this up to educate yourself on this point.

To accept a meeting with representatives of a foreign government for the purpose of influencing the outcome of an election is not necessarily illegal, but taking them up on the offer, providing them with tools to accomplish the interference is and then using the fruits of their labor is. It’s worse when the email advising you of the meeting makes it clear that the Russian government is working on your behalf to get you elected and is seeking your help to subvert said election. Sorry you don’t understand the gravity of this.

TL, DR: The Clinton campaign learned of potential illegal activity, didn’t use it for their own purposes and turned it over to the FBI for appropriate investigation. The FBI was already on the case before Steele. The Trump team accepted help offered illegally from a foreign government, used it to further their own goals and failed to report the subversion of our electoral process. See the difference?

Um, I did not vote for Trump, being Canadian and all. And if you would like my opinion of Trump, you won’t find me saying a single nice thing about him now or in the past. Go search for anything nice I have said about him. I think he’s a pretty horrible human being.

As for your ‘hard evidence’, none of the people above pled to anything involving Trump and Russian collusion. And it’s looking like the FBI may have overreached with Flynn, and that case is being looked at again. Sessions recusing himself is not evidence of anything. So you’ve got a couple of guys who may have been dealing with Russians ver unrelated matters. Neither of them were indicted over anything having to do with Trump.

Yes, the Russians appear to have run an election disinformation campaign. It’s pretty clear that their intent wasn’t to elect Trump, but to just sow discord and confusion. They also supported Bernie Sanders, and immediately after the election they funded protests on both sides of the aisle - both pro-Trump and anti-Trump. That’s what they do.

I have been calling out Russian meddling in western elections for decades. The Communist Party of the U.S.A was a Soviet-backed propaganda outfit. Organizations like ‘Worker’s World’ received Russian funding to support anti-Bush election propaganda. Half the ‘peace’ protests and nuclear freeze protests that went on in the 80’s and 90’s had Soviet or Russian money behind them.

Of course, back then all that money was funneled exclusively through the Left, so the protestations of people like me generally fell on deaf ears. It seems Russian ‘meddling’ is only worth having the vapors over if there’s a chance it might have helped the Republicans.

Fox News is allowed here. Any rules concerning truth in reporting only apply to Canadian channels, so Fox News has nothing to worry about.

Let’s not put all our eggs in one basket. I wouldn’t bet on it, but it is not impossible for it to turn out to be true that Donald Trump has not personally committed any crime, or at least nothing we didn’t already know about at the time of his election (Trump University, for instance, or his admission that he groped women without permission). That would not change the fact that it was un-American for anyone to vote for him, based on the publicly available information at the time. We must not lose sight of this fact in our zeal to frogmarch him out of the WH!

ETA: I would not make this “un-American” charge about voting for any other major party presidential candidate of the past half century at least.

Thanks for putting me straight on that. I thought I’d read somewhere a few years ago there was a restriction on it in Canada, because of all the lies it propagated. Too bad; I had hoped we might follow your Canadian model here in the USA.

Can’t let this pass. You really need to learn more about Bernie Sanders’ “honeymoon” in the USSR, and what that was actually all about. It had nothing to do with an actual honeymoon. He was carrying out the duties of his office to which he had already committed.

Bloomberg’s take.

I readily allow that nothing has yet proved Trump’s direct involvement with Russians to subvert the election. But put it this way: You know how a terminally ill patient isn’t dead, but you can look at them and see what’s coming? It’s like that.

Anyone who wasn’t alive in 1988 should read the article at that link and familiarize themselves with recent history before mouthing off. The Soviet Union had broken up and for a brief “Russian Spring,” that country was not our overt enemy.

*And those currently under age 35.

I guess I missed this. Could you point to a cite?

If it makes you feel better I had to look that up. I didn’t know it offhand because I never, ever, ever see Fox News here. But one can watch it if one must.