A Thread NOT For the Easily Creeped Out

Now that’s taking daylight savings time a little too far! What kinda state is MA anyway, where this kind of Anti-American activity can take place? Does Ashcroft know about this? shivers

I was just thinking, Rue, that when cheeZdactyl came around you shoulda just turned into (ta-DAH!)** fondueman**! And when he reached for you with his cheesy fingers, you coulda stuck a fondue out there and melted his lactal digits, and then he’d hafta go home and get more fingers before he could attack again, meanwhile, we’d all get to edam.
Yeah, I know it’s cheesy, but it’s Monday morning and my gout is acting up and I don’t really know jack about muensters in wheelie-chairs and I’m grouchy. Later on I’ll probably get cheddar.

• Bumbacurd

I think that the Anti-American activities are sponsored by the candy companies. Not all the towns reschedule Halloween and the towns that do don’t all schedule it for the same day. It is therefore possible depending on the whim of the neighboring towns for the children to have 2 or 3 nights of trick or treating! (If mom or dad are willing to allow such a thing)

Or maybe it is the dentists looking to drum up business?

A conspiracy for sure I tell ya!!!

:slight_smile:

Oh and gout has to be the most painful affliction known to mankind. You have my sympathy! (all neatly saved from the MMP a few weeks back)

OK, then, so it’s not a parody of something that I’m not familiar with - it’s a story in its own right. Right? Well, that’s what confused me - I was looking for a connection to something else.

I feel so humor-impaired. :o

I think I see the problem.

I have absolutely no sense of humor.

Dumb as a post, too.

hello? can anyone hear me? helloooooooo…

I understood Rue’s post. I even shut my door so the evil cheeZdactyl couldn’t come and get me. However, I keep hearing a skritchering in the heating duct, so I may have problems of my own.

But if I do, you all won’t hear about them because I’m off to Klamath Falls and I won’t have a computer with me, so I’m Straight Dopeless for the week. Will you miss me? I’ll do a vanity search when I get back, so don’t say anything you don’t want me to hear. Or write anything you don’t want me to read. Someone else will have to provide this week’s, um, well whatever it is that I usually supply to this thread. Throw out some song titles or a pun or flirt with someone, okay?

And how come everybody gets to play Monopoly except me?

Kallessa (kidnapped by work)

Wasn’t Sen. Joe McCarthy the chairman of the original House Un-American Activities Committee? And wasn’t he from Minnesota? Which is right next to Wisconsin? Which is a big cheese-producing state? I think I have the beginnings of a neat little conspiracy theory right here!

Or maybe not.

[aside]Thanks very much for the sympathy tanookie, that’s very nice of you. [/aside]

Kallessa, I tried to do some puns in your honor, but they were kinda flat, unlike you, er…yours, er…never mind.

Oh, no! Cheezdactyl got him! He’s now caught in the Phantom Zone. Quick, somebody find his spinning mirror and free him so that he can conquer the Earth and give Australia to Lex Luthor. Oh, wait. Maybe that’s not a good thing.

Oh, yes, indeed, Wintermute. My superpower is being pathetic. It’s all part of my plan to cause rampant inflation in the American money markets by tricking you into kicking my ass a lot and stealing my lunch money. Muahahahahahaha.

I’m wondering if it’s the ghost of Rue that I hear, or is he just hurt & weak from the String Cheese Whipping he received? Is there anyone nearby that can check up on him? If it’s the ghost of Rue that could be cool. Just in time for Halloween and all. Ghosts are very Halloweenie you know. It would be the best & cheapest Halloween costume ever.

I’m still trying to decide on my costume. I’m thinking Lara Croft. I have the long hair & padded bra. I also have the thigh-holsters w/pellet guns. That way if anyone did the trick instead of treat I could just shoot them with my pellet gun. I wonder if I could get in trouble for that.

little*bit (armed & concerned)

Kinapped by work!! :eek: Now that’s even more scary than cheeZdactyl creeping up on you! :slight_smile:

tanookie, that un-American idea of not having Halloween on Halloween is in full force in NH. It’s really wierd. (It’s days like these that I feel that I’ve moved to a foriegn country.) There was a schedule published in the paper that said this town is on this day at this time, this other one is at this time on this day - so I guess you could hit multiple towns. Ours was from 1-4 on Sunday - bo-ring! We only had one group come by our house. Perhaps the rain contributed.

One of the nearby towns, I read, will have trick-or-treating just after dark on the 30th this year. I’m thinking, WTF? Every rationale I’ve seen for having the kiddos not trick-or-treat on Halloween is that either 1) daylight is safer, or 2) not to keep them up late on a school night. I note that it’s on Friday this year, not a school night - the 30th is on Thursday night. So this action doesn’t seem to fit either rationale.

Oh, speaking of having the kids hit 2 or 3 towns: On the radio this morning, I heard that some town (Atkinson, NH?) doesn’t want kids coming over from other towns to trick-or-treat - so the police chief plans to put police cars at the border (with Haverhill, MA, out tanookie’s way) to discourage cars with MA plates coming over with kids in them. How screwed up is that?

Oh, wait, I forgot, that cheezy guy supposedly got me. I’ll go away again.

That police chief has been doing a bit of backpedalling with the bad press he’s gotten! The paper said he won’t be arresting or ticketing those smarmy people from Mass who dare trick or treat in the Granite State.

None of the halloween rules make a lot of sense :wink: Oh and Texas is another country compared to the northeast!

a seance might help… I’m just saying is all…

OK, OK, we’ll do a seance …

People, we have gathered to try to communicate with Rue DeDay, who is On The Other Side …

hey, is it true? I mean, is it greener?

Anyway, back to the seance …

Hey, tanookie, they can come over by our house - lotsa candy left, if they can get to it before I do!

Okay, all together now for Rue:

Om… om… om…

Oh, wait, that’s not a seance, that’s meditation, isn’t it? How does a seance go?

Rue DeDay why didn’t you take out a cheese grating order to keep that mean evil one at bay?

I have empathy for you as I have 2 people that regularly hunt down my posts to comment, aggravate and pick apart. They are evil people!

Sweet! Seance at Swampy’s. I’m bringing the cheese dip.

So the munchkin boy has been channeling Rue?

Babies sound like they’re trying to summon something from the spirit realm :wink:

Oh and what kind of candy? :slight_smile:

Hey, everyone, I think I found him! He was over in the bookstore in the calendar section …

No, wait, that’s “Rude-A-Day” … never mind! :wink:

Back to the seance …

Yay - seance at swampy’s! I’ve got this floaty, fancy gown that’s perfect for seance wear. I sure hope swampy has a big round table. I don’t think you can seance around a rectangular table - I mean, look what happened on Beetlejuice!

So, which lucky Dopers are gonna sit next to me and hold my hands, huh? :wink: I washed 'em if that makes a difference…