A Vid for the Ladies of a Certain Age and The Men Who Gladly Live With Them

Quite by random I stumbled upon this a few minutes ago. If the attribution is to be believed it was released just a month ago. It takes 6 minutes to watch, but the point is obvious in the first few seconds, so you’ll either instantly like it and then be entertained all 6 minutes or cancel it in disgust and happily move on. Give me/it those few seconds; I suspect most of you will like it.

I’ll offer more critique later, but don’t want to ruin it with too many words up front before you’ve heard/seen it:

It just reinforces how happy I am to be married to a man.

Clever, I guess? I’ve been prowling The Youtube lately and this always pops up when whatever totally unrelated video I just finished as an option of ‘up next’.

Not sure what it has to do with “How to remove a Jeep Cherokee door” however.

Un-hot, (justifiably) complaining middle aged women: the most despised humans on the planet. I love them.

Marriage is EVIL! :rage:

Very interesting and not in a good way. I normally am not logged into my Google account but have been the last couple of days. I was looking at real period music from the '70s and that one was mixed in with the various legit songs by original artists and later covers.

Sounds like Google is trying hard to make that one into a sensation. Not good. Time for me to sign back out.

As to the song itself, I though the lyrics were well-done, not forced. The performers have good voices and expressive faces. The chorography, such as it is, also works; like any performance, it’s exaggerated, but doesn’t look forced. The whole thing works well.

The tone seems to me rueful “Waddayagonnado?” rather than angry, whining, or threatening.

My own experience with menopausal women has been mostly positive given that humans of both kinds get older and lumpier. I’ve not seen the moodiness so beloved of comedians and curmudgeons. I’ve found the instant-on heater darn useful when crawling into a cold bed on a cold night.

If we can’t laugh about the human condition we’ll need to start crying.

I was looking real hard, and I think all four parts are done by one woman. Could be wrong. Don’t know. But I’ll admit it was pretty well done and not a total waste of six minutes.

That was funny. A few years ago my spouse made some comment to me that it must be menopause because of reasons. The look on his face when I told him that carnival ride ended years before, clueless. Like I need a good excuse to be myself? Lol

Many years ago Pepper Mill and I attended Menopause – the Musical, which has several humorous songs devoted to the wonderful world of menopause

It’s apparently the Longest Running Musical in Las Vegas history – https://www.caesars.com/harrahs-las-vegas/shows/menopause-the-musical#.YMtsSKhKiUk