A Walk Among The Tombstones

I saw this movie (quite by accident, as a friend and I went into the wrong theater and didn’t discover our error until the movie began) last night and rather enjoyed it. I wasn’t super optimistic, but I thought it was fairly suspensful and uncomfortable at points, and not so horribly cliche that I couldn’t find it absorbing. I thought Neesom’s performance was quite good, too.
Anyone else catch it yet?

Yeah, I saw it. I actually liked it better than The Maze Runner, which we also saw last weekend. I liked how the story unfolded, and I also liked the “realism” of the story. There weren’t many places where you had to make a leap of faith, or where some character had special powers or special knowledge.

I give it a thumbs up.

J.

Not bad, but they had this big thing where

it turns out the DEA is driving around in a blue van staking out the first drug trafficker, butafter they pick up Liam Nesson and grill him you never see them again. Why have them there at all?

I may have misunderstood, but I thought that interaction was what allowed him to understand where the drug dealers’ DEA files had come from. And, it just generally added to the suspense, since it seemed like the movie wanted you to think that the bad guys were the ones following him, at first.

It was,

but if the DEA is all over this guy, they should have shown up later in the movie, such as when all this gunfire is going on. They felt like they were just thrown in there and forgotten about.

I’ve become too leery of Neeson’s propensity to accept any POS script handed to him, so no. I’ll wait for it to be free.