AARP Sells Out Seniors On Prescription Drugs

If they can sell for more than the manufacturing/packaging/shipping cost, then they can sell each unit for a profit. However, they have to recoup the cost of R&D through total sales. Additionally, countries with socialized medecine can buy supply for the whole country.

Be assured that if similar price caps exist in the US, new drugs will cease to exist.

Not as ridiculous as people who will endure any ill if it threatens the religion they have made of capitalism.

Oh, and BTW, I’m not sure exactly how the government should or could go about imposing some kind of controls on the prices of prescription drugs. I just think “price controls” beats “watching people die because they can’t afford medicine.” I know, fuzzy headed liberalism and all.

Cite?

so you’re saying if companies make less than obscenly large profits, they will stop wanting to make any profit? I laugh.

This is the correct answer.

And thus we’re put in the position of paying for the R&D for the entire world?

Far worse than subsidizing failing industries I loathe the idea that the United States always has to subsidize the world. It’s not our responsibility to have high prices so the rest of the world can have cheap ones.