ABC Fridays sketch show

Most of us with probably remember the early '80s ABC “SNL-ripoff” FRIDAYS- a comedy sketch show which included Michael Richards, Larry David, Mark Blankfield, & Melanie Chartoff. What was your favorite skit?

The best stand-alone was THE RONNIE HORROR SHOW w/ Reagan in FrankNFurter corset & stockings, and I’m a Reagan-worshipper.

Best repeating skits- the man who played piano with one hand & used a chicken as a puppent on the other, Rasta Gourmet, and the Pharmacist.

Gotta admit that Michael Richards as the sadistic little kid mangling his army men got tired real fast.

Also, what were you thinking during the Andy Kaufman episode?

And when is this ever gonna be released on video/DVD?

Wow! How do you remember all of those skits? I remember watching the show, but not much more. Granted I was only 8. I would be interested in seeing LD and MR in action if’n this ever comes out on DVD.
Slight hijack: Does anyone remember “The New Show” from about the same era?

The only sketch I remember was Michael Richards as a kid playing with his army men and sister’s Barbies and lighting them on fire.

(I thought about saying Steve Martin doing the Billie Jean video and Okra Cola, but that was The New Show I believe)

I was 18 when it started, thus it made more of an impression.

I vaguely remember The New Show- wasn’t it an NBC prime-time attempt at an SNL-clone, perhaps also produced by Lorne Michaels? Okra Cola definitely rings a bell.

Nooooooooooo!!!

<Sigh>…Well, there goes eight years of therapy down the tubes. Just when I finally got the damn song out of my head…