? about the millions of fraudulant DEM votes in 2016 Pres election

It’s the difference between truth and truthiness.

Truth is backed by reason and evidence. Truthiness is backed by feelings and belief.

So do conservatives have evidence that millions of people voted illegally? No. But they believe it happened.

There is a core belief that this one revolves around. That is the persistent belief that, in reality, they are the majority. How then, they wonder, can any elections be lost? This leads to a painful and persistent sensation in the brainpan, which they treat with rationalization exercises.

Yes, and this is why it is so dangerous. The claim isn’t just about Trump’s ego and this particular election. It is undermining the credibility of the entire electoral system. When the system itself can no longer be trusted, it is much easier to justify breaking the rules. And since these people care more about winning than they care about things like their legitimacy or the Constitution, that is a very dangerous path.

I’m so absolutely sick to death of these people thinking they are the “majority” while simultaneously perceiving themselves as victims. When you control all three branches of government you cannot possibly be the victims in this equation.

I’m still waiting for some Trump voter to explain / justify / rationalize this. I bet I’ll be waiting a while. This is the part where they usually throw up their hands and say “But Hillary…”

Seriously. Millions and millions of fake votes and we used them in California???

Claiming that there’s a problem is also justification for fixing the problem.

If you, for example, claim that the Republicans should be getting sixty percent of the votes in a fair election and the actual outcome of the election is that they only got forty-five percent of the votes, then you can say you need to adjust the way elections work until they produce the result you predicted. You’ll know the elections are fair when you get the sixty percent results you feel you were supposed to be getting.

Even if you remove the “illegal” votes, HRC still won. The GOP stands for Gaslight, Oppress and Project these days. Not the original values of the party.

Well, they would have stood out too much in the Rust Belt.

It is, of course, a bit of a meme.

The modern right loves to live in a world of lies and propaganda. And the lies always support the same narrative.

Republicans, whites, christians, men, native born americans, etc = good. Democrats, non-whites, non-christians, feminists, immigrants, = bad.

They need a steady diet of lies to maintain this narrative, so they invented lies about millions of illegals voting because that helps them avoid facing the fact that Trump won due to a technicality (the EC) and Hillary won the popular vote by 3 million.

I’m going to save that for our next local protest! TYVM!

Correct. It’s just more of Trump’s nonsense. He says something with no proof, no evidence, no nothing. But he says it, and it’s a signal to his base to start raising hell about whatever he’s lying about…*It’s those illegals. They are the reason that Hillary got more votes.
And he doesn’t even try to convince people that his lie is true. I think he just doesn’t care about the truth. By the time the rest of the world has figured out that he’s lying, he’s moved on, three or four lies down the road.

It reminds me of that saying: A lie can get halfway around the world while the truth is still putting its pants on.

I don’t think he ever got that specific, he just described the votes as illegal, and never actually offered anything else.

Don’t thank me. I saw it in The New Yorker and thought it was clever. I think Ronan Farrow coined it, but I’m probably wrong.

You haven’t smelt my breath. Trust me its baited. :slight_smile:

I think that to them poor blacks and Hispanics are ipso facto illegal. They have also proposed “repealing” birthright citizenship since they have never looked at the constitution (except for the second amendment). From what was found in Kansas the main illegal votes were by people with properties in two states and I am willing to bet that small handful of cases voted Republican.

There were several Trump family members and high level campaign officials registered in two different states.