Adventures of the Self-Taught Surgeon

First, wow, my dad is Vein Man. I don’t think he’s ever had a nickname before!

Second, you really saw a picture of that? Morbid curiosity is driving me to ask for a link, but I really don’t think you should post it on this forum.

must dig around on my computer at home to find it, but yeah. All bloody and everything and it’s pretty apparent that the guy doesn’t mind. Don’t think it could be photo-shopped. I’ll email it to you, catsix.

Can I count you as a “Yes” in the Morbid Facination Poll

This is not a real poll. I know I’m not supposed to poll in this forum. Don’t hurt me, Moderators!

Isn’t that what SDMB is for? :smiley:

I’ve had my fill of silly people who try to sew up their own injuries.
As far as the Morbid Facination Poll, I’ll pass. I’d hate to make you boys cry or worse
:eek: And I could. Indeed I could
By the way, a good exacto knife is a fair substitute for a scalpel. :smiley:

Why am I reminded of the birth control pamphlet of my college years.

It described many methods of birth control, their pluses and minuses. But vascectomy had: Do not have a vascectomy without consulting your doctor.

This forced us to invent the home vascetomy kit. Fifth of Jack, x-acto knife, dental floss.

pshaw. There are a dozen farm implements made just for this. My personal favorite is the Elastrator

Although, yours has the benefit of low cost. I wonder if that guy in the pic I saw was following your advice :slight_smile:

I can’t decide if I’m glad or disappointed this tale of home penile surgery doesn’t include pictures. :eek:

Common as in more than one person in your family did the same thing? If so, what’s wrong with you?

Did anyone else find the idea of chisling out smegma pockets with a q-tip grosser than self-correcting the penile skin bridges?

OK. If I understand this correctly, this company will sell me an extremely sharp object and they can’t even float for spell-check?

I, too, am doing the Ew Ick Dance of Horror.

In addition to extracting several of my own teeth using only topical anethestics (Oragel), I’ve used needles to drain gum abscesses caused by my wisdom teeth. The pus you get out of those things sure does taste nasty.

No, common as in more than one person in my family has done ‘home surgery’. Nobody else has had it go so horribly wrong.

I love me a good TMI thread, but I have never read anything here that made me gasp and physically cringe away from the computer until I saw that. And yet I can’t stop reading!

Does digging out ingrowns count as self-taught surgery? Because two weeks after a bikini wax, I can spend an hour or two, easy, doing that every day.

I can do toenails, splinters, stings, shallow cuts, and loose teeth. Anything else requires a good physician.

You lot are just… whoo boy. wipes out brain of mental images

Queen Tonya, did you know that the link you provided has a part where

(TRULY GROSS)

The guy eats his own foreskin!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh gross! It’s not like a potato where that part would be loaded with vitamins and minerals.

Ugh. Just freakin’ ugh.

Now to be fair, it was only after a battle between good and evil.

WAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

That is one of the most horrible things I’ve ever read. I can’t stop shuddering!

Oh come on, it wasn’t that bad!
actually raeds post
Oh wait, maybe it is…

I had an uncle that cut his hemorrhoids off with a pocket knife in a pasture. It worked out fine in the end. Sadly, I didn’t inherit the same surgical prowess as he did. The biggest surgery I ever did on myself was cutting out this raised, hard circular spot on the palm of my hand with a razor blade. After I started, I realized that the flaw went a lot deeper than I thought and I had to keep going, and going. By the time I got to the end I was pouring blood, sweating, crying, and shaking. It didn’t come back and my hand healed fine after a couple of weeks. Another time, I decided to remove this long raised mole on my lower back. I took a pair of nail scissors, stretched the mole, and snipped it off. As Og is my witness, I had no idea that a mole would bleed that much. By the time I realized that it was spurting, I had blood drops all over my carpet. It took me most of a role of toilet paper to get it to stop. I was so mad that I found the cut mole and roasted it with a cigarette lighter. There is nothing more appetizimg than smelling your own flesh medium rare.