About an hour and some ago I was tidying up the kitchen and I decided to toss an almost empty vodka bottle. Since it still had a little bit in it, I poured it into a jigger thinking I could make myself a drink later. I left the kitchen for a while, and on coming back noticed that It looks like about an eighth of it (it was just under the jigger line) is gone!
Unless I’ve got a sneaky cockroach imbibing on my tab, it has to have evaporated. Could it (80 proof) really have lost that much volume to evaporation that quickly?