After Forty Years, I No Longer Live in a Multiple Cat Household

I shed a little tear, Too Many Cats. For your Swipesy and you and for all of us who have lost our long-time companions. Sigh.

Sounds like she was wonderful.

How about sharing some pictures with us of her in her glory days?

I’d love to, but my computer doesn’t have a scanner. Too bad, she was a beautiful dusty calico, white, gray, and tan fur.

Thank you once again to everyone in this thread. It’s been a comfort to me to read your posts.

You know, I didn’t think Shuppie would be too put off by Swipesy’s absence. They never seemed to get along. But he’s been walking around yowling off and on during the last couple of days. I’m not sure if he’s calling for her, or just reclaiming the house now that she’s gone.

Ah, ghad, this is such a painful post. My hearfelt sympathies go out to you. Our beloved Jake left us in March at 17, and it would’ve been longer if we could have turned him into an indoor cat. Unfortunately, he came to us with the purchase of our first house, and indoor-outdoor was the best we could do. Mourn as long as is appropriate for you, as we did after the death of our beloved Oops at 20 a few years ago. No one can know the proper amount of time but you. But know that there are wonderful kittens out there that will somewhat heal your aching heart. It took me three years, and my darling Lily and Emma hAve renewed my kitty well-being. I wish you comfort and healing thru this sad, sad time.

I am so sorry about Swipesy.