Agree or Disagree?

[QUOTE=Hampshire]
Anyone can lead a simple life if they choose. Get a one bedroom apartment next to your job, eat beans and rice, go home and sleep on the floor. No vacations, no car, no tv, no books, no friends or family, no phone, no computer, etc. Just exsist.
Simple but boring.
Add some spice to your life with possesions, experiences, hobbys, relationships, etc. and it can get complicated. Fun, interesting, and complicated.
[/QUOTE]

This is what I came in to say. Life can be boring. I’d rather feel, even if it’s not always a happy feeling.
I don’t have regrets, so I don’t find myself wishing I’d never wasted so much energy or time on something or someone. I look at it as something that engrossed me and fulfilled me at the time, and where’s the regret in that?

[QUOTE=kelly5078]
No. I do not insist on making it complicated. It happens. It happens because life is complicated.

Go out and try to make your life simple. Insist that it be simple. Report back in ten years how that worked out for you.
[/QUOTE]

It’s been simple for the previous 34. I don’t know why the next 10 should be any different.

Did someone MAKE you get married? Did someone MAKE you have kids? You make your own complications.

I think the method with which you deal with things that everyone else deals with determines whether you see the world as simple or complicated.

I’ve moved to new places with no money, no place to stay, and no contacts. I’ve been unemployed with a wife and a mortgage. I didn’t consider life to be complicated during those times. Sometimes one has a set of problems that has to be addressed. That doesn’t mean that life is complicated.

Okay, bTrunk**, I don’t know what I’m talking about.

However, I don’t choose to complicate my life by going into Great Debate mode over a simple IMHO question.

Or by doing my tags right.

[QUOTE=TheFury]
“Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated”
[/QUOTE]
I disagree with the quote. While an individual life is simple - “I”, the aggregate - “we” is complicated.