Ah. So you're trying to tell me I'm fucked.

I think we could probably arrange for a Portland 'fest to be held a little bit south… I know I’d appreciate the shorter drive.

God DAMN!!! And I thought management at my office was a fucking pain in the ass.

You just haven’t had much luck with this whole jobby job thing lately, have you? At least these people were paying you for a bit, right?

Sorry to hear about the move, but hopefully the new job will provide you with the ability to actually do the job you’re hired to do and, presumably, enjoy doing. Best of luck in the future, I hope you finally get some stability.

Just out of curiosity, when are you taking off? Perhaps it’s about time for another BatDope sometime soon, no?

Yeah, I know. It’s been suggested to me that I write all this shit down… but who’d believe it?

Get this: our office is still open. We’re still doing business, we just don’t expect it to last the month. We’re still on the corporate email, as well.

Big Boss sent out an email today to everyone in the company. He’s going to buy multiple copies of Doom 3, and there’s going to be a company-wide tournament in early September. The winning studio will get a thousand bucks to party with.

Our office, of course, isn’t invited. 'Cause, you know, we’re too expensive. :rolleyes:

I don’t really know when I’m going to be moving. I’m supposed to start work August 30th. :eek:

A BatDope’d be, well, dope. I’d like to see ya’ll again before I move.

You’ve already used up all your sick time, right? If not, why not?

Before you launch a lawsuit, you need to be willing to retain a lawyer. And before you make that decision, you should know if you can actually get any money out of a small design firm that operates contract-to-contract and really doesn’t have any physical assets aside from its pension plan-- and since the firing plan included distributing the pension plan to all staff employees, that was pretty much it for physical assets. In essence, the company wanted to abandon a generous pension plan in order to ‘ripen’ itself for a takeover by another company.

Since everyone being fired was already getting a massive payoff (although one they would have received anyway, and one they wouldn’t be able to collect before retirement age without taking a tax hit) there was zero financial incentive for a lawsuit which the company would have solved by declaring bankruptcy and shutting down.

Call it a sign of the information economy. If what you sell is your employees’ knowledge, who can your employees sue if they’re fired?

On top of that, I think that through judicious hiring, many of the employees under the magic cut-off age were actually on contracts, or had agreed to less-generous pensions.