Ahem...How illegal IS this?

Nah… Just do it at Foot Zone, silly! :slight_smile:

Yer pal,
Satan

You shouldn’t feel too bad, most of the shoe folk didn’t seem to think it was such a heinous deed. At least not as illegal as I initially thought. I guess it’s one of those victimless crimes if they get a rebate from the company. I’m sure they’re tossing shoes out left and right (HA! Bad, accidental pun!) at the shoe factory.

You HAVE to tell us about your experience on SoleMates.com!! I’m dying to know how and if it works. Or if it’s run by some freaky dude with a foot fetish who just wants to hear the stats on your tootsies.

BTW, Satan, I’m glad you and Drain Bead enjoyed that link, I hope there’s some sort of surgery to help you recover from your unfortunate implosions. :slight_smile:

Hi Carina. I sympathise with your friend Trevor’s problem.

Can I just suggest one thing, whch has been sort of suggested already. Your friend Trevor should try dealing directly with the manufacturers, not the retailers.

The retailers get supplied with shoes in pairs, so they try and sell’ em in pairs, so if you disrupt the stock it’s more hassle for them. It’s not grievous - they just send 'em back and the sky doesn’t fall in - but your friend Trevor is still causing a nuisance.

The manufacturers, however, have thousands of size 8s and 9s which they are busy shipping out to retailers everywhere. If your friend Trevor talks to them nicely about his problem, they might well be willing to help. Particulary if he gets the local press involved and they get some nice good PR out of it for being so helpful.

Many years ago I did a lot of work for British Shoe Corporation, the largest shoe manufacturer and retailer in the UK and, so they say, in Europe. I was dealing with their head office, rather than their retail outlets, and they always treated requests like your friend Trevor’s with genuine interest and concern. To them it was a pleasant change from the routine.