al-Zawahiri done got sliced up {2022-08-02}

That’s what I’m talking about. There are delays. The kill order comes from Washington, it takes a few seconds. at least, probably more to authenticate and confirm. The ‘thing’ launches and takes some time to hit the target. With a non-energetic (non-explosive) weapon, inches are critical. He got up to water a planter on the balcony or get another beer, safe. You could be fine or you could be blended within half a step. A targeted car is so much more reliable.

Or hell, if it hits you head on, then never mind the blades.

Lord what days of wonders we live in! :crazy_face:

Once he’s selected by the human operator and the camera is locked on him, the camera can certainly automatically track him as he moves around the balcony, and automatically abort if he walks back inside and it loses him. My digital camera costing a few thousand dollars can do that reliably. I’d bet it’s also set up for automatic abort if it sees a second human on the balcony. And all this is happening locally.

I struggle with this (a little). I am against the death penalty, but sometimes someone needs killing. And they way this appears to have been done makes it all the more interesting (thread title should say he got “chopped up”).

It’s not a question of the death penalty when he cannot be captured and brought to trial. We’re effectively at war with an entity that is not a nation.

That detail was unknown at the time.

And if it hit him on the nose, it’s probably fair to say he blew up.

Moderating:

This is a breaking news thread in MPSIMS. Please no political jabs. Feel free to start another thread in P&E or the pit.

Quite so. Sorry.

Here’s a pretty detailed writeup:

I’m still waiting for the laser version of this:

Plus, it makes great popcorn.

Sounds wonderful. I would love to see a video of the smack-work this slicing Hellfire R9X does to its targets.

Almost what I came in to post.

Slap Chop Rap