al-Zawahiri done got sliced up {2022-08-02}

Two Hellfire missiles sliced and diced that mf.

But two people familiar with the briefings told NBC News that Trump chose not to pursue al-Zawahiri because he didn’t recognize his name, and instead suggested targeting bin Laden’s son, Hamza bin Laden.

“He would say, ‘I’ve never heard of any of these people. What about Hamza bin Laden?’” one unnamed former official told NBC News.

A Pentagon official also told the news outlet: “That was the only name he knew.”

It’s telling that Trump was on a first name basis with Osama Bin Laden’s son.

Yeah, he didn’t get blowed up… He got hit with a special Hellfire missile that has no warhead, but instead deploys a bunch of long blades out from its sides and Ginsus the target. That way there are no collateral casualties. But it sounds horrific.

The things are amazingly accurate. I saw one image of another strike on a car, with two missiles - one for the front seat, and one for the back. You could see the slices in the bodywork where the blades went through.

Awww, poor little scumbag got blowed up. Hope he saw the missiles before they hit him.

They were the last thing to go through his mind.

Not at all. To use a shamelessly stolen line I saw in a comment on a news article about the event, he got SLAP CHOPPED.

Buh-bye. Who’s next.

More seriously, well done.

More like tartare.

Maybe these pictures:

Here’s the Zawahiri house:

What amazing technology, and yay for no collateral fatalities.

A fitting end for that murderous fuck.

Of course Trump didn’t recognize al-Zawahiri’s name, because he couldn’t be arsed to read his national intelligence briefings.

Or even stay awake when they were read to him.

It must be tricky to properly target these R9X missiles against someone in a house. They seem to have only a few yards of kill-radius at most, good for a vehicle, but people move around in their homes a lot. I wonder if there’s a chance they were were clandestinely launched from the ground which would be better at ‘sweeping the floor’ of a house instead of launched from far overhead. In any case, all’s well that ends well.

I think I read he was on his balcony.

Yeah, he had a pattern of sitting out there.

I’d read that his patterns gave up his home location but I didn’t realize it was down to a balcony-sized habit. Good riddance. Our intelligence operators operate well.

There’s a camera and targeting laser all in the launch drone. A human operator looks through the camera and locks the targeting laser onto him. So long as they can see him, it’s not going to miss. If he walks back inside they abort and nobody is any the wiser.

The minimal destruction is almost more satisfying than a big explosion. It’s pleasing to know that these fuckers must be paranoid about ever seeing the sky and fresh air.