Albums Named After a Line From a Song (But Not the Song Title)

Ben Folds Five–Whatever and Ever Amen, from “Battle of Who Could Care Less”

R.E.M.–Reveal, from “I’ve Been High”

Fatboy Slim–Halfway Between the Gutter and the Stars, from “Weapon of Choice”

The Kinks–Everybody’s in Showbiz, from “Celluloid Heroes”

Semisonic–Feeling Strangely Fine from “She’s Got It All Worked Out” (well, kinda)

Damn you, ElwoodCuse! This was what I was thinking of.

Counting Crows This Desert Life was named from a song called “High Life” - “But, oh, this desert life, this high life…”

If it counts, Dido’s No Angel was taken from the song I’m No Angel.

Sloan picked their album title One Chord to Another from the lyrics in “G Turns to D”:

Almost forgot Operation Ivy’s Hectic EP named for the line from the song “Healthy Body”.

I almost forgot: The Cure’s The Head on the Door comes from “Close to Me.”

Frank Zappa’s Hot Rats is from the song “Willie the Pimp,” and his greatest hits collection Strictly Commercial is named after a line from “Nanook Rubs It.”

This doesn’t really count, but Bob Dylan’s Blood on the Tracks has a song (“Idiot Wind”) that mentions both blood and tracks. (“Down the highway, down the tracks…” and “Bloooooood on your sadddddddlllle…”)

Devo’s Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo, from the song “Jocko Homo”.

Men Without Hats’ Rhythm of Youth, from “I Got the Message”.

The album title Oranges and Lemons by XTC is a line from the song Ballet For a Rainy Day, which appeared on their previous album Skylarking.

Division Bell by Pink Floyd. It’s a line from the last track on the album called “High Hopes.” The title for the album was suggested by the late Douglas Adams.