Albums Named After a Line From a Song (But Not the Song Title)

Well, I don’t feel like subjecting myself to the whole of Pablo Honey again, so can someone just tell me what song it’s in?

A couple more:

Of merit:
Don’t Tell a Soul (Replacements) - from “Inherit the Earth”
Too Far to Care (Old 97’s) - from “Streets of Where I’m From”
Pocket Full of Kryptonite (Spin Doctors) - from “Jimmy Olsen’s Blues”

And craptacular:
Knee Deep in the Hoopla (Starship) - from “We Built This City”

Well after searching around I found the site below. It says you have to listen closely during the guitar solo of “How do you?”

http://58hours.com/58_trackDetails.php?trackID=7

And it’s absolutely brilliant don’t you agree? I hope they have a long and productive career.

I tought of another:

Terror Twilight (Pavement) - ‘Speak, See, Remember’

Sting’s …Nothing Like The Sun is named after a lyric he lifted from Shakespeare and used in the song Sister Moon.

You guys have pretty much covered all of the others I can think of.

Barenaked Ladies greatest hits - ** Disc One: All their Greatest Hits ** refers to a line from the song “Box Set” from their first album ** Gordon **

The line “Nightmares will give me peace of mind” from the song “Still Life” is the titular reference that corrsponds with Iron Maiden’s Piece of Mind.

Jerry Cantrell’s Degradation Trip gets its name from a line in “Solitude.”

I can’t believe I’m the first one to mention this, because it’s the first one that came to my mind: Sade’s “Diamond Life” comes from a line in the song “Smooth Operator” (Diamond life, lover boy, moves through space with minimum waste, maximum joy…)

dervinck & bienville got some of the Costello’s, but there’s also

Punch the Clock from “The Greatest Thing”

Taking Liberties from “Crawling to the USA”

Brutal Youth from “Favourite Hour”

Chixdiggit: From Scene to Shining Scene comes from the song “Sweaty and Hairless”.

Van Halen: Fair Warning, something Dave speak/sings during “Mean Street”. Also Women and Children First occurs two times in the refrain to “Could This Be Magic?”

Whoops, hit submit too early

Ramones: End of the Century is in the chorus to “Do You Remember Rock & Roll Radio?”

Not sure if this counts but XTC has been naming their albums after lines from songs that appear on the album prior to the current one. They’ve been doing this for a number of years.

Chris W

The Streets - Original Pirate Material a bunch, but that’s just a reference to the title.

Screaming Trees - Sweet Oblivion in “Shadow of the Season.”

Built To Spill - Perfect From Now On in “Randy Described Eternity.”

Superchunk - Come Pick Me Up in “Hello Hawk.”

Son Volt - Straightaways in “Picking Up The Signal.”

That’s about all I got right now

Also by Alanis Morissette, Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie is a lyric from the song “So Pure”.

Exit the Dragon-- Urge Overkill

From the song The Mistake

Diamond Life, Sade’s debut album, takes its name from Smooth Operator:

And, interestingly, Culture Club’s first album was titled Kissing To Be Clever - a lyric that appeared in Miss Me Blind, on their second album, Colour By Numbers:

Rancid’s …And Out Come the Wolves is taken from the spoken portion of the song “Junkie Man”. What a great song.

Jethro Tull 's “Stormwatch” came from the song “Dun Ringill”
"…and the stormwatch brews a concert of kings as the white sea snaps at the heals of a soft prayer whispered…

Simon and Garfunkel’s, Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme. The line is, of course, from “Scarborough Fair.”