Albums with different covers in U.S. and UK?

Fatboy Slim’s You’ve Come A Long Way Baby

British and American covers

The original American cover was the same as the British, but packaged in opaque green shrinkwrap. The version showing only the shrubbery was the second pressing.

I noticed that I own four of the albums mentioned in this thread so far (the European versions):

Blind Faith - Blind Faith
Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland
The Strokes - Is This It
Fairport Convention - Unhalfbricking

In the first three cases, the reason for the different U.S. covers are obvious. I don’t know if the Blind Faith or the Hendrix covers caused any trouble when released in '69 resp. '68 here (I’m in Germany), but for the Strokes 2001 release, nobody would give a shit.

Something’s missing from the U.S. version of Tin Machine II.

Gabriella Cilmi’s debut Lessons to be Learned has three different covers, pictured on Wikipedia.

The green one is the standard international release, the yellow one is the standard US release (and also used on the European special edition), and the Australian special edition has yet another (albeit similar) design. (There also seem to be about half a dozen different variants of track listing.)

Golden Earring - Moontan
US cover
non-US cover

Camel - Mirage
US cover
non-US cover

My use of “non-US cover” is not necessarily accurate. The Moontan cover was pulled off shelves and re-released with a less “offensive” cover (not unlike Blind Faith). The US Mirage cover was a later printing after the band had a falling out with the cigarette company (possibly before a U.S. release, but I may be misremembering that).

Good one! And the crazy part is that the U.S. version is supposed to be less offensive. Well, it looks pretty fucking disturbing to me!