Albums you put on to cheer yourself up

For real vinyl: Jose Feliciano

There is something so wonderfully pure about listening to excellent vocals and clear guitar playing on 30+year old vinyl.

My other Vinyl Prozac is:

Indiana Jones and the Lost Ark. soundtrack.

I wuffs it.

Venus Hum - Big Beautiful Sky

anything by Mochael Bolton. I celebrate the guy’s entire collection! For my money it doesn’t get any better than when he sings “When a Man Loves a Woman”!

Doolittle, by the Pixies. It’s just such happy music.

Queen is pretty enhancing.
And who can resist the sound of Status Quo?!

Rush 2112
or
Ugly Kid Joe America’s Least Wanted

Ogden’s Nut Gone Flake by the Small Faces.

If you don’t know this little gem, do yourself a big favor and pick it up! Between “Afterglow,” “Lazy Sunday,” “Rene” and “Happy Days Toy Town,” there’s no way you won’t smile!

I make liberal use of XTC.

What? :eek:

No, I didn’t mean it that way.

They are a group. It is their Nonesuch album. I don’t care what you think it sounds like. :rolleyes:

Oh, and perhaps anything by the greatest boy band in history, The Petshop Boys.

The Soundtrack to Transformers: The Motion Picture.

Especially Dare or The Touch.

Polyphonic Spree

Bob Marley usually works for me (cheap trick for allowing myself to fantasize that I’m in Jamaica, not freezing my ass off in the middle of winter in the Northeast) :cool:

Also, certain slap-happy Talking Heads songs…certain big dumb Sabbath songs…P-Funk makes me funkier, if not happier…

Talking Heads - Nothing but Flowers
Bob Marley - Coming in from the Cold
Ryan Adams - Easy Plateau

those are songs not albums but they’re the ones what I use these days for cheering up or chilling out etc. :cool:

Album: Little Feat, Waiting for Columbus.

Individual song: REO Speedwagon, Roll With the Changes. I defy anyone to listen to this song and not get a pick-me-up out of it.

I’ll say it. I’m a Michael Bolton fan[sup]*[/sup].

I can’t pick a favorite…I like 'em all.

[sup]*I’m not really a Michael Bolton fan. I just wanted phungi to know that I got the reference. But I DO admit to liking “How Can We Be Lovers (If We Can’t Be Friends)?”[/sup]

Bob Marley and Nina Simone, and maybe Derek Trucks, are the only artists I know whose music always makes me feel that things will be alright. Radiohead is also a pick-me-up a lot of the time, odd as that is. Because it’s intelligent and because I can sing along with it in the car.

The Jayhawks - Smile
Fountains of Wayne - Welcome Interstate Managers
Billy Bragg and Wilco - Mermaid Avenue

Even after 25 years, I cannot listen to the Brothers Gibb without itching to dance. Can one dance and be in a surly mood? I think not.

::My baby moves at midnight…"

I listen to this album as well. Always makes me happy. Despite being cheesy, I just can’t help but feel happy when I’m listening to it.

I’m proud to be the first to say this.

ABBA’s Greatest Hits.