Alcohol Stereotypes/Opinions

Really depends on whose definition you use. The one that’s most thrown around is five drinks in 2 hours or less for men, or four in 2 hours for women.

That’s like one drink every 25-30 minutes, which is not at all what people think of as “binge drinking”, and is likely to leave you with a buzz, not seriously drunk

I know this is a very late response, but I was just reading through this thread, and…

WTF?

I’m 61 years old, male, 190 pounds, I can absolutely handle liquor, and five drinks in two hours would leave me a bit more than “buzzed.”

I mean, I wouldn’t be staggering drunk, but I’d be drunk.

Maybe we just define “buzzed” and “drunk” differently.

Marion drinking the Sherpa under the table in Indy Jones is utter crap. Now, excuse me while I get another drink…

My experience with alcohol started in college…

However, I didn’t start partying/drinking right away since I was getting adjusted to my new college lifestyle (living with a roommate, coursework/studying, and working a couple days a week at my college’s dining hall for some extra money)

After my first semester of my freshman year, my first college friend group introduced me to the “party” scene, even though I already made some new friends during my first semester.

My first alcoholic drink was “jungle juice” at a house party and even though I only had 3 cups (red solo) I didn’t get drunk, despite me getting drunk (at the same house party) the following week when I had 5 cups. Jungle Juice is when you mix different types of liquors and fruit juices/soda all together in a cooler with ice and various fruit pieces.

Furthermore, since I only drank at parties over the weekend, I never had an issue with missing class or having my grades being affected because of alcohol. I prioritized my coursework during the week and enjoyed Friday and Saturday evenings with my friends, even though I was still productive over the weekend before I went out.

On an extra note, I’m kind of picky when it comes to drinking: For example, I don’t like beer at all, but anything made/mixed with liquor, or any fruit/seltzer beverage is fine by me. I only drink until I feel buzzed/tipsy, and I never drink until blackout. However, I’m starting to grow on the “good stuff” @digs (Woodford Reserve)

In my opinion, I think I’m a responsible social drinker since I’ve learned my limits, even though I only drink whenever I hang out with my friends/cousin, which mainly includes birthdays, Halloween, and New Years Eve. As of today, we don’t drink every weekend due to lifestyle changes (after college) including our various work schedules, along with saving money as well.