I own one of those inflatable pools, I’m sure you know the type, round, 10’ across about 2 + 1/2 ft deep. [Just enough room to float around on my inner tube on a hot afternoon!]
While I was away on holiday it developed a little algae. No worries as I have the appropriate algaecide, I have used it before, and, am confident I can remedy the situation quite easily.
Thing is, it’s the end of the season and I’d like to take the pool down. Usually I’d leave it a few days so it tests ‘no chlorine’ and then hook up my garden hose to the drainage hole and use the water to water the plants. Then take the pool down and store it for the winter. Easy-peasy.
But it will be much easier to use the algaecide to clean the pool before emptying it than to try and clean it off the pool bottom once it’s empty.
So my question to you is; if I use the algaecide to fix the problem, can I then use the water on the lawn and gardens without fear?
Usually I only have to be concerned with the chlorine and my test kit tells me when it’s all gone. However the test strip won’t tell me how much algaecide is present.
Anyone have any idea or have dealt with this issue before?
I’d greatly appreciate any advice you can give me.