All drugstores have the entry on the corner

This…We have two local CVS stores that were both located in strip malls - in both cases, they purchased a lot across the street from their respective former locations and built free-standing buildings with identical designs - entrance at the corner opposite the pharmacy…same for the two CVS’s in the town next to us…all four are identical as I imagine it’s a standard design for CVS…

Yep, no making a beeline for the back, you’ll have to pass by all the display stands and get routed down at least two different aisles.

The customer also gets a broader view of the store from a corner entrance. With a side entrance, the aisles are generally perpendicular, so all you see are the end caps.

I agree with this too. The corner drug store is a deeply ingrained piece of Americana. Walgreens recognizes that whoever represents comfort and familiarity to the older generation stands to triple their business as the Baby Boomers age. They are the last to have grown up with small town corner pharmacies, and I imagine that in 25 years, when those new stores are ready for an upgrade, the plans will change dramatically.

I’m confused - are we talking about the door being at one end of the front wall rather than in the middle or are we talking about an actual corner entrance like this? Because where I live it’s very common for any business that is located on the corner to have that angled entrance. CVS and Rite Aid, etc do have their doors located either at the extreme right or left of the wall, but I don’t know of any around here with the angled entrance- not even the ones with parking lots.

Here’s a good example of the sort of freestanding Walgreens store that we’re talking about, with that angled entrance at one corner of the building.

Many of CVS’s freestanding stores have a very similar front, as shown here.

Costco (at least around here) all have that door configuration, but they only have the majority of parking on one face of the building. On the other face, there are only a few spots that I imagine are mostly used by the tire department.