All-inclusive resorts

Need opinions/recommendations. Looking for something fairly quiet, not hugely overrun with screaming kids, step above the usual buffet cuisine, some corals to scuba/snorkel in and no long climbs to/from the beach…

Playacar riu palace Riviera Maya. Scuba/snorkel over at cozumel is supposed to be excellent. I’ve been to resort twice and it seems to have everything u want. Plus lots of good food in playa del carmen.

I just spent a week at Barcelo in San Juan del Cabo. It was fabulous.

I enjoyed Breezes Runaway Bay in Jamaica, no one under 14 admitted, so no families. Natural beach.

There are four levels of Barcelo just south of Playa del Carmen, MX. One should suit your pocketbook. Should you plan a ferry trip to Cozumel I think it costs about $30. per person American.

If you don’t plan to do a lot of traveling away from the resort you could save ferry costs by staying on Cozumel itself. The food at the Cozumeleno when I stayed there a few years ago was very nice. So nice, in fact that we ate in the oceanside cafe every day.

The hotel has snorkeling gear and bicycles for rent. Also vehicles. A drive around the island and to see the ruins is a good addition to the trip. And on the windward side you’ll find a lot of little seaside restaurants with inexpensive local cooking.