All right, why do you think I'm a drama queen?

Okay, so maybe it was a little unwarranted to do this, but I felt I had to, really. Why? Simply because I don’t want [eople to get the wrong impression of me. Of course, on this board, some invariably will, and there’s nothing I can do about it. :shrug: Not that you can’t appreciate inherent irony, of course. :slight_smile:

wring, thanks for thinking that I answered the allegations just fine in the other thread. :slight_smile:

Esprix, that might very well be. However, not being well versed in my Norma Desmond trivia, I would have to reserve judgment on that until such time that I know more about her. Oh, and as for starting a Pit thread about andros? I think you’re the one who’s going to have to do it! :smiley:

pbrtallboy, you’re sweet, and I really mean that. It’s never really been in me to not be verbose. Also for the record, I enjoy your posts as well. Thanks for the feedback… to hell with people who judge based solely on post count! :smiley:

Primaflora, let’s just agree to disagree, shall we?

andros, you missed the point: I am not looking for, nor am I desperate for, validation! It was just a simple question. Whether I have hurt feelings or indeed need validation is purely irrelevant to this discussion.

LaurAnge, some people are extraordinarily picky… you never know!

Colibri, that’s exactly what you are seeing. Got a problem with it? :smiley:

swampbear, you’re too sweet… and as for becoming one of my stalkers… we’ll see about that! MWAHAHA… just kidding. Sure you can! I think I need at least one… :stuck_out_tongue:

Ferrous, all right… so should I just lie on ice in a cooler? :smiley: Seriously though, I guess I might want to watch those tendencies, eh? All right then… you tell me when I’m acting too wounded!
Oh, and one last thing: I don’t think you can stop me from posting! :smiley: (that should be good news for some people in this thread, at least)

Why? I’d expect to be roasted to a gently smoking crisp if I opened a vanity thread like this one in the Pit. And I’d deserve every smoldering bit of it.

Hey, where would we be without the anonymous message site?

Yep, andros, I think you’re hitting the nail on the head there. It’s a vanity thread so that those who think that long, verbose, incredibly numerous posts are an entertaining and good thing to inflict on a message board can boost up Flamsterette’s ego.

But I’m guessing she didn’t really open this up so that we could all be sharing about how we really feel about the irritation some of us are feeling about her posts. I’m buggered if I can see why she joined in the du Hast thread repeatedly to scold him when she had not even opened the link. I don’t think the boards need a scolding pseudo moderator but each to their own ::shrug::

Look-SHUT UP ABOUT IT ALREADY!

Good god, get a life, people. Who fucking cares?

Kal, it might not have been such a good idea, but what’s done is done. Not much I can do about it.

Lisa Ann, I’m not too sure if it works or not. I know that at the time I signed up, it might not have worked. As to whether it works now, I don’t know. But I’ll definitely think about that one! And as for “flamstering” a person (LOL), nobody can do that. (not even me) Refer to this thread for more information.

Oookay.

So Guin, the next time someone drives you buggy or you feel the need to take someone to the pit, I’ll just C&P your post?

Flamsterette_X: I am even more new than you are, and I don’t know you very well (Hell, I don’t know you at all!), but when I read the Lynn Bodoni thread it brought back vivid memories of when I first encountered this entertaining thing called a message board. I’m not saying this is your story, but it may as well be, considering some of the replies you got.

I was really excited, I had never seen this way of people communicating over the Net like this…my idea of people “talking” to each other consisted only of e-mails. I wasn’t around computers much and when I finally got one, I happened to surf into the website of one of my favorite rock bands. I immediately registered on their postboard. I had no idea of “netiquette” (although I did know TYPING IN ALL CAPS WAS CONSIDERED YELLING), but that was it.

I immediately began posting in any thread that I found interesting, and to my surprise (well, not really), I had racked up about 400 posts in 2 weeks. Needless to say, I had irritated quite a few people there and they let me know; some were tactful, others weren’t. As I began to get into the groove of it I realized that not every thread needed my input, and I started to get the “hang” of it. I am now a happy resident of that board.

That board lost its general forum due to personality conflicts and financial reasons. A friend of mine invited me here. I came here and I was pretty intimidated, having gone through being a board “newbie” once. I figure I would like to comment on a lot of things, but being a newbie, I’d just like to get the hang of it and practice some restraint for now. That’s what I learned from the other board.

Now I’m not saying that you don’t realize this, I’m just telling my story, because I have seen the “post count” jibe thrown at a lot of people besides me. I think a lot of it also may have to do with making a “splash” on a community that has its own ideas on how people “should” post. Hence the restraint I try to take when reading and posting. I didn’t post for about two weeks until after I joined. I read, and there are a lot of differences here from where I used to post.

Here, you can make threads announcing “[insert landmark #] Post, my thoughts on it” whereas on that other board, you’d get grilled, basically 'cause no one gives a shit that you’ve reached your 500th or 1000th or whatever post. Plus, if everyone did that, this whole board would be filled with those kind of threads (which I find kind of unnecessary). Probably just because I was “brought up that way.”

I also see what basically amounts to “call-out” threads here. Another amazing thing to me, but as I look at it, it’s probably allowed here because people can get nasty without resorting to “fuck you, you fuckin’ fuck” type of language (most of the time). That other board had too wide a range of intellects and ages for that to be feasible. I could imagine a 30 year old absolutely devastating a 13 year old kid there, if it was allowed.

Anyway I am rambling again, so please don’t be offended, I was just recounting what happened to me. It was due mostly to my excitement of a new board, and not knowing or realizing how I was coming across to people.

Anyway, hang in there.

Okay, acquiring life.

Sorry, Guin, I guess I forgot to read the list of Things About Which It Is Acceptable To Give A Fuck.

sigh

It’s just-this is such a stupid thing to fight over! I mean, come on, we could be calling out people for weaseling, or playing the strawman phallacies or talking about foreskin 24/7! And we waste our time on stupid crap.

This is just lame.

Flamsterette_X, as for verbal diarrhea, I found the best thing is to hang out at more than one postboard (not saying that you have verbal diarrhea, but you get the picture).

[shameless self-promotion] You’re invited to come and join my board if you like, click the link in my sig.[/shameless self-promotion]

To the extent that I noticed you, before I opened this thread I thought you had a slight penchant for speaking a little more, uh, passionately than a given situation might require, but didn’t really think much of it.

Now, of course, I think you’re a total drama queen. Not because you started a Pit thread about yourself, but because of the incident that prompted you to start it.

This is a friggin’ huge message board. Imagine you’re at a party of hundreds of people and you overhear someone mutter something about you to someone else. To me, this thread is akin to reacting by climbing onto a table with a megaphone and demanding to know whether or not everyone is talking about you.

Flam-hon, just let it go. It’s not a big deal.

Guin, I got your back 'round these parts 99.9% of the time, but I think you’re off on this one.

You can’t just proclaim what is and isn’t worthy of scorn because you don’t like it, or because you think it is lame to do so. If you want to stick up for Flamester, by all means do. But telling people to leave her alone because it’s stupid not to isn’t a very good defense.

Look at it this way … I’d bet if somebody started a Pit thread stating that Barking Spider or even december had a stupid haircut, you’d be chomping at the bit to get your shots in, lameness of the argument notwithstanding.

It is pretty apparent that people have issues with Flamester. But from what I’ve seen they are very grave issues. And I’d be willing to bet by the time this thread is dead, very few will give two turtle turds about the whole thing.

For my two cents – she can be a drama queen all she wants, or not. It’s no skin of my scrotum. If I knew her a little better I might suggest she step away from the computer every now and again and get some fresh air (1000 posts in a month? wow!) … but I don’t, so I won’t.

Okay, so I admit this might have gotten a little out of hand.

I do get fresh air, that’s for sure. I do post at a few more message boards. I might have blown things out of proportion. I’ll take your advice and let it go. (I’ve learned my lesson: to stay in MPSIMS where I apparently belong)

So can a mod please lock this thread? Thanks.

I just wanted to clarify … I had a typo.

I meant to say “they aren’t very grave issues.”

oops.

Not my problem, kiddo. But as you’ve discovered, it is one for you.

I just found it amusing in a-what-an-incredibly-counterproductive-thing-to-do sense.

Ummmmm Guin?

and

Sweetie, she started the thread obviously flamester thinks its important enough to address.

And andros is right, if anyone else posted this, they would be wearing their rectum around the neck by now.

And Flamester, a thousand posts in a month? and you post at other boards? I see a wordwide shortage of "!"s coming up.

FWIW I agree with Jack, I dont care if she is or isnt one, I never noticed her until this thread, now I will remember her as the drama queen though.