am i evil? am i deranged? or am i just rational?

Uhm…I’ll take Number Two, Bob.

If I had a nickel for everyone I’ve seen flame out here with a “Your all jellus cause only brave me’s telling the TROOTH!” I could play the slots at Foxwoods for an hour.

ooo, another e.e. cummings fan! have some more…(this is shortly before archy clubs mehitabel to death).

Ah, but the cummings effect is undone by the twice-used capital “I”. Looks to me like just laziness in not using his SHIFT key, thus not a case of being for cummings, but forgoing.

Heh. Actually, Archy was often pretty scared of Mehitabel–in the early poems he’s always hiding inside the typewriter whenever she gets excited about something or gets a special gleam in her eye. She even sings about eating roaches in ‘Mehitabel’s Extensive Past’ and Archy calls her on it.

As for the post, heck, it’s not even vers libre.

And Archy (whose name Don Marquis always capitalized too) would have LOVED to be able to use the shift key. Unfortunately, Marquis invented him in 1916, in the age of metallic clumsy mechanical typewriters that I know from experience are hard for even a human child to use. Archy is always bitching about it in the early poems and there was one great day in the '20s when the shift key was locked and he wrote triumphantly a poem called CAPS AT LAST. Of course, he was chased off the keyboard and the shift key was pressed again by, you guessed it, Mehitabel.

The OP’s excuse I don’t know. Of course, I’m presuming he’s human, which may be a stretch.

Poor Archy – what agonies the wee roach patiently endured from flinging himself headfirst at the keys, stroke by laborious stroke!

So you’re aware, I’m going to repeat that at every opportunity from now on.

Placenta LASAGNA? Oh. My. God. Of course, if Brooke had eaten her placenta, she might not have had that nasty ol’ post partum depression.

bob_loblaw, I didn’t read the thread that the others refer to – just this one. The sense of outrage over needless deaths can be overwhelming. Dopers have been expressing our bewilderment about it for a long time and through many threads. We never get it out of our systems.

Sometimes, for reasons unknown, it’s just easier to deal with by talking about ducks and lazagna and things that ensue. Nothing personal. Well, almost nothing.

BTW, never pay any attention to anyone who tells you “There’s no sense in getting upset over it.” There are plenty of reason to get upset and then do something; there are so many ways of helping. It we don’t get upset over the slaughter of innocents anywhere, what is there left of us that matters?

I no play no more Facist Task Master behind desk. I run away quick with jazz man from Alabama. No more care about syntax, spelling, and look out for parallel stuff.

Man **Zoe ** you have been whooshed worse than anybody I have ever seen.