am i evil? am i deranged? or am i just rational?

Well-tanned, maybe, but they’re no browner than anybody else from the the Mideast or the Mediteranean rim.

Wait a tic…that means Greeks, Italians, and Jews are brown people, too! I’ve rediscovered a way for Northern Europeans–well, the white ones, anyway–to feel superior to Greeks, Italians, and Jews! They must be no better than Iraqis, right?

God, I’m going to Hell just for joking about that. Worse yet, Melina Kanakaredes, Monica Bellucci, and Rachel Weisz will never, ever sleep with me.

I, for one… gah, never mind.

I know, it’s almost *too * obvious, isn’t it?

There is no honor in grabbing low-hanging fruit.

Of course everyone who lives in London is white, and everyone effectd by the bombing in London is white. http://www.guardian.co.uk/britain/article/0,2763,1395534,00.html

So fuck you Blah/Blah/Blah for trying to change a moral outrage (like the moral outrages that occur in Iraq, Afganhistan and many many other countries) into a venting for your feelings against white people in general. You are being a racist.

There was a danger of this happening to begin with?

bob_loblaw, you’re entitled to your opinion. But shitting in a thread like that isn’t appropriate. Getting indignant because some people choose to recognize a tragedy in a different manner is no reason to go on a tirade and accuse the board of racism against “brown people.”

(pulling myself up to my full, though unimpressive, height and attempting to suck in my gut and fat ass at the same time, thus violating the physical law against the compression of fluids)

It could happen.

Well, Pink Floyd did get back together, so I guess anything’s possible, but…

Nah, this is just too out there.

Humans live and humans die. Deal with it. People have been dying for eons before you were born hopefully will continue to for eons afterward. There’s no sense in getting upset over it. Bad peope do bad things. Try and stop and them if you will, but you’ll never get them all.

If the media picks up more on Britains than Iraqis, so what? America has extremely important historical and cultural ties to Britain, so it’s natural that we care for each other.

Huh, and here I was finding the OP’s e.e. cummings writing style more annoying than his politics, about which I’m fairly indifferent.

In any case, I don’t think any of the suggested adjectives are fitting.

Oh yeah? I’ve been mourning humanity since I was TWELVE. Beat that!

I think we can rule out rational.

I emerged from my mother’s birth canal openly weeping for the fact that my birth had increased the amount of pain inflicted on the inhabitants of this planet.

I also recycled my umbilical cord.

Ah, but did you also make a vegan-acceptable meat dish from your placenta?

That link disturbed me. Who knew there were so many things you could do with afterbirth?

Who knew you could do ANYTHING with afterbirth?

Sadly, Martha Stewart’s conviction put the kibosh on that yet-to-be-filmed installment.

And who knew that the term “kibosh” was first used by Charles Dickens. Six degrees from London.

I mourn for your ever-white-ful imperialist English teacher.

Ah, but did Dickens also make a vegan-acceptable meat dish from a placenta of acceptable origin?