Am I the only one who uses a turn signal anymore?

Why on earth do people not use turn signals? Even more rare, is the use of a signal to change lanes. Am I the only one who does this anymore?

A slight Hijack… who waits 3 Seconds at each stop sign?

The rule on traffic lights (known and loved by all cab drivers) is that if you’ve been stopped at a red to the count of ten and nobody is approaching (perhaps because it’s in a residential area at 2am) then you can go on the red talk your way out of a ticket.
For stop signs, there is no 3 second rule. Stopped is stopped.

The use of turn signals to change lanes is on the books in every state, for one reason. Nobody every does it, so it gives a ticket writing cop a sure thing in traffic court. If he puts down weaving or speeding, you might get off claiming a bee in the car.

The factual answer to your question: No, you are not the only one. I also use them.

I know, that’s so annoying. Right up there with people who don’t post in the right forums.

Another turn signal user checking in. Changing lanes, making turns, and even when backing out of a parking space. I found out that my van starts chiming at me if I’ve left the signal on too long (a couple of minutes while in motion).

Asked and answered.

This is closed.

DrMatrix - GQ Moderator