Am I the only one who ... ?

Okay, many a time I’ve turned to my dear husband and asked the question in the title. I’m invariable met with a blank stare. Either one of us is just really abnormal or we both are.

So I submit this thread to allow you to ask those things you always about whether it was just you, or not. I’ll go first.
There’s this weird ear/jaw tingly/bubbly/achey thing that happens before I go to sleep if I’m really tired. It feels somewhat like bubbles travelling through the eustachian tubes in my ears, and somewhat like electrical impulses in my jaw muscles. The only way to relieve it is to yawn, and sometimes I spend 15 or 20 minutes making myself yawn to make it go away. Does anyone else do this?

No, but there’s a spot right at my hairline, in the middle of my forehead, that starts to itch when I get really tired.

I’ll wake up every morning thinking I’m faced 180-degrees in my bed, and reach out the wrong arm to shut off the alarm. Been facing the same way for 10 years. Is it me? Is my sleep brain regressing to some previous bed in childhood?

Mine is that my jaw itches after a bath

When stretching in the morning, lean back so far backward you get a head rush?
Gets a gleefull whoosh out of sneezes?
Thinks bones cracking actually makes you feel better?

Oooh — definitely. I can’t wait to get to the chiropractor on Mondays and Fridays. Something about that ::snap snap pop pop:: really gets me feeling all loose and limber.

I sound like a box of Rice Krispies when I get up in the morning. I have to crack many joints before I feel like moving. :slight_smile:

I’m 3 weeks into twice weekly visits with the chiropractor for a back/neck problem I’ve had since mid December. I HATED that snap, crunch, pop sound - I’m getting better at it now but still check to see if my head is attached or in his hands :stuck_out_tongue:

But it is working - for the first time 4 months, I’ve even had a few pain free days :eek:

That’s fabulous! Now that I’ve actually experienced what it’s like to not wake up in pain and spend half my day wishing for a massage, it’s hard to imagine how I dealt with that for so long! I hope all is going well for you!

Am I the only one who thinks the distinction of “four-in-hand = liberal, windsor = conservative” is no longer valid?

Am I the only one who believes that BOTH sides of the ANWR debate are [to use the Scott Adams term from his absolutely dead-on correct article on the subject] lying weasels?

Am I the only one who thinks Mel Gibson was “acting like he’s acting” in some of his movies? That doesn’t accurately describe what I mean… it was almost like he was pretending to be an actor who had the role of portraying a character… like a different level of presence… kinda reminded me of a stage play with one of the cast delivering lines as an aside