Am I too old to teach camp?

That’s the equivalent of a job making $25k a year…it’s not like the board makes a difference, as you won’t be getting out of your current living arrangements.

I would be more concerned about your initial comment:

Apparently it was that bad, and I doubt the conditions have improved that much…the question is your need for income gotten worse since last summer?

Last summer I was teaching day camp at the zoo, so a little different from this. Different enough? I don’t know. That’s my hesitation.

Any decision? :wink:

No offer yet! They called my references today, so I’ll update when I know more.

When I lived in Europe, I took a job in Switzerland every summer for seven summers - teaching at a private boarding school. I was gone from SO for two months.

I loved it and wouldn’t have missed the opportunity for anything!

However, three months is a long time away, and the money is better than nothing but not exactly “wow”…so I guess it depends upon your actual desire to be up there, with kids and horses and the outdoors.

BTW, I was about your age when I was doing this and working with (mostly) younger staff. It was not a problem whatsoever.

OK, got the job offer today.

I am also applying for full-time, ongoing jobs. There’s one in particular I think I’m really well qualified for, that I haven’t heard back from yet.

Thinking, thinking…

Hooray, I got an interview for the ongoing job!

I wonder when’s the last day I can let the camp job know…