Am I too old to want to buy this for myself?

Go for it!

I, too, have taken care of “Sea Monkeys” … in my adult years. They are WEIRD PETS.

And thanks for the link to this totally cool site! I may well get some Magic Jellyfish … :smiley:

I used to have a little Ecosphere in my cubicle at work, which is basically a pre-made shrimp tank like araminty linked. My shrimp lasted almost three years. You can send them back for replacement shrimp – I didn’t for some reason. And Ecospheres are heavy-duty adult geek cool! Carl freakin’ Sagan endorsed them! And the shrimp change color according to temperature. I do not believe it is possible to get very much cooler than that.

There are some pretty cool things on that site, Atomic Mom. I’m really digging the city lights globe. My son, who studied electrical engineering would love the vacuum tube radio.

I am going to have to wait until March for the ant farm. Unless a local pet shop has them.

I had one. I don’t know if it’s because I used ants I found outside or what, but mine grew moldy (it was like a black patch) after a month. It was really cool to see but the mold became too nasty to look at. It seemed like maybe not enough air?

Here’s a 3-D ant farm. I like the way the kid is reenacting a *Twilight Zone *episode.

The last time I had one, the only risk of escape was at the time of transferring the ants from the tube they came in to the ant farm. There is no foolproof way to pour them in without spilling any, and I soon had escapees all over the carpet.

Follow your heart, you are only young once.