Amazing Race 12/2/2012

I could have sworn that the one who got in the back said she knew how to drive a stick and the other one, who was driving, had taken one lesson. Did I hear that right and why the hell would they do it that way?

I never would expected at the beginning of the season to be such a Chippendale fan, but those guys are really endearing. I loved the comment somthing like, “We dance for Chippendales so we know a little about dressing like a construction worker” “I’ve been known to swing around a styrofoam hammer.” Ha!

I would have been glad to see either the farmers or TWINNIES! eliminated, but it was obvious when they didn’t make it look like a close finish that it would be an NEL. Too bad.

Next week is the first 2-hour finale in a couple of seasons, innit?

“He sounds like Monica Seles”.

To be fair - it looked like they had to wait a few minutes between attempts, presumably to clear all the balls off the court - when he failed on the first attempt it was covered with balls, but when he started the second attempt, it was clear. So he was whining during a required downtime.

They said that the one who was driving was “assigned” to learn stick when they were getting ready for the Race, but after her first lesson she decided it was pretty easy and didn’t take any more. They didn’t say the non-driver did know how to drive stick.

Dear god. She was easily the 2nd worst TAR contestent ever. What a pathetic pitty party she was.

I hated Phil a lot last night :frowning: I know it’s probably not his fault but he was the one standing there letting them stay.

Sheesh. How those goat farmers managed to survive this long is beyond me. At the start of the episode, they had the benefit of a bunching point caused by the ferry schedule. They still managed to come in last at Los Diablos; from the editing, it seemed like they were well behind all the other teams. Then they chose exactly the wrong person to do the tennis challenge. Here’s a hint: when you are at a tennis court, with people playing tennis, at the home of one of the greatest tennis players in the world, the challenge will probably involve playing tennis.

According to the Wikipedia season summary, Josh and Brent had each done 5 roadblocks at the beginning of the episode, so it’s 6-5 now. I think Josh was just overcompensating for his perceived waekness.

That’s a good point-if the Twinnies survive the next elimination, they’re probably tough competition on the final leg.

I hadn’t thought of that. But if that were the case, they should have put something in the show explaining why the injured player was doing the physical task. I also wonder why Phil didn’t explain the headless greeter at the mat. They seem to be getting lazy over at the Amazing Race home office.

I was really surprised to realize that they’ve so eliminated driving from the show that leg 11 was the first time they had to do it. Wonder if that means Ford didn’t want to spend much on product placement.

As for knowing you’d play tennis: Based on previous TAR experience it is just as likely that they would have been given the task of getting a piggy back ride from a top tennis player while that tennis player had to hit 20 balls in.

But they edited it to at least suggest that he was just way overconfident in how much his ankle had recovered, having not put any real stress on it for about 36 hours (the rest period after the next leg, travel and 12 hour wight for the ferry, overnight ferry ride).

Personally, I like the twins but then I like their attitude of never taking anything particularly seriously and being able to call each other names and not hurt the others feelings.

Regarding the headless person, it appears that this is a thing at Park Guell in Barcelona, a park designed by Gaudi.

I haven’t seen anything on where the idea/image comes from, as I don’t think Gaudi specifically created any iconic headless image.

I noted that the teams don’t seem to be seeing each other between legs. My impression, based on footage shown in past years, was that the teams were all in the same hotel, dining and socializing between legs. But since they were unaware who had been eliminated in the leg previous to tonight’s, apparently they are now sequestered from each other except when on the leg itself.

I’ve wondered about that. In the first few seasons, we were specifically told at each pit stop that the teams were given the opportunity to eat, sleep and mingle and we often saw footage of them doing that. But it’s been a long time since “mingling” has been shown or mentioned and I wonder to what extent, if any, it goes on now.

Also, I’m surprised at how well the Twinnies cope with all the 'I told you so’s"

I HATE it when somebody brings up past mistakes, but the Twinnies take such criticism in stride.

Last night, it was something like, “We would have been doing so much better if you had been a better driver today!” Response was something like, “Yeah, you’re right.”

Remarkable restraint.

Who’s the worst? Jonathan?

I liked the Chippendale’s quote about “Hey look, there is Don Quixote and his homeboy Sancho Panza!” I just never thought of those two as ‘homeboys’

I just hate the twins from when they stole the rocker’s money. That was low.

Yes. A verbally and physically abusive spouse trumps a whiney little girl.

The spiky-haired guy and his partner who couldn’t eat a pizza have to be up there, too.

Ah, yes…Hell(mama’s)boy and Rebecca. That season came close to making me quit watching the show, given that those two actually made it to the Final Three despite his crying and whining. The difference between Zach and Rebecca (since both basically dragged their teammate around the world practically on their backs) is that Zach wasn’t an iron-clad famewhore bitch.

I know, right? And the beginning of the episode showed them at the beach, which fits nicely with whoever posted last week that the Chippendales should take their shirts off every episode. I almost said something about it when we were watching it last night, but I thought maybe my husband would feel differently.

First part makes me :p.

Second part I agree with. Picking up money and not returning it was playing dirty, yes, but frankly, that was the least of the rockers’ problems. It’s definitely something that threatens my overall positive feelings about the twins, but…it’s a race for a million dollars.

Last week I yelled to my wife “they actually brought their bow-ties!”