Amazing Race April 10th, Delays Possible from the Masters

Similar commentary in my household. I expected to see a jump-cut of Ron at the airport, booking a flight to New Delhi.

I like Justin just fine, but I have never cared for Zev, as he seems to be able to turn on and off his Asperger’s symptoms when it suits his purposes (I am not looking for a lecture on Aspergers or a debate on mental disabilities, this is only my own personal perception, and I fully acknowledge it is not based in scientific fact) but it was perfectly clear that the chaos of the cityscape was really overwhelming to Zev, and he seemed on the verge of a meltdown. When he was able to center himself (with the help of Mallory’s earplugs) amongst all the noise and confusion, I found a HUGE new level of respect for Zev, especially because I too am bothered by excess background noise, and I think I would have been looking to run and hide in that situation myself.

Good hay is green and leafy, although that India hay doesn’t look like most American hay. Round bales sitting outside may get brown and weathered on the outside, but usually are green when the outside layer is gone. Straw is gold or brown and has no nutritive values.

I was suprised how many teams picked the hay challenge, too. Not sad to see Ron go, but would rather have seen Kynt auffed.

Did anyone notice the corpse on the litter on the road, wrapped in scarlet, just around the time Kynt and Vyxxin were assualting the cab passneger?

StG

Right. If you play fair and keep your end of the deal, you get the other team’s goodwill and the chance (but not guarantee) they might help you again in the future. If you don’t play fair, you lose the other team’s goodwill and there’s no way in Hell they’ll help you again in the future. You have to make the call on how much another team’s goodwill is worth, but IMO it’s worth a whole lot more than two minutes head start in the middle of the Race–particularly for a team like Kent and Vyxsin, who can’t really afford to turn down any future help.

Carrying the hay sounded like it would be physically taxing (although the hay bundles, once I saw them, were smaller than I thought they would be). As a general TAR rule of thumb, the strenuous task tends to be the faster one.

Just watched it again, and Ron & Christine definitely bought tickets at the airport, at the same Kingfisher counter as most other teams. The only ones who bought tickets at a travel agent were Kent & Vyxsyn. After R&C bought tickets, they showed them in a cab again, and Ron said “Since we’ve got ample time, I’m hungry, I’m a happy camper when I’ve got good food in my tummy.”

OK, I guess I missed that then, or got confused by the editing. It looked to me like everyone else was heading for the airport to get tickets (except the goths, I think, who went to a travel agency) but I thought Ron just made a beeline for the restaurant first.

Because most people think straw is hay.

Straw: yellow byproduct of grain production http://wolfsonearth.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/bale_courses1.jpg

Hay: green grass or legume (alfalfa) grown specifically to be dried, baled, and fed to animals. http://www.redroosterfarm.com/assets/images/haybale.jpg