Amazing Race Family 10/25 - "We're Getting Out of the Country, Girls"

These quotes are out of order. Sorry.

[nitpick] Didn’t he say “underpants?” I swear I heard him say “underpants!” Because that was the best. TAR. Moment. Ever! [/nitpick]

Heheheheheheh. Whether they know it or not, everyone’s been channelling Mirna. She did that all the time. Her claim was that she spoke seven languages or something, and apparently “rapido” means “quickly” in all of them – especially Gibberish.

I would have packed probably every bra I own, because I have this weird fetish or something where my bras and underpants must match my outfits. The problem with that is that I would probably have only ended up wearing two bras, because I also have this thing about changing in public places, because I hate it when my clean underwear touch the filthydirty floor. And I can’t wear a clean outfit without the matching skivvies. So I’d end up going commando at all the Pit Stops while I washed out my previously used underwear in the sink of the hotel or whatever, because I can’t wear the “unclean” panties that have touched the floor. Oh, yes, you have an idea of what my nightmare Detour would involve: the lingerie section of the Vanity Fair outlet in Reading, PA. (Yes, I already know I’m insane, but thanks for reminding me.)

Oh, and confidential to The Amazing Editors: Please, please, pretty please with cherries on top, can you show us some of the Pit Stop ugliness between the Weavers and everyone else? You showed us the goings-on between Chris & Alex and Tara & Wil, and that got pretty nasty at the end. I get a weird vibe off the Weavers that totally makes me not like them, but I want to know why.

I am so jealous that you can even have that fetish. I can only find one bra that fits right and it only comes in white. Blech.

Yeah, I want to know what’s going on, too.

I don’t find them too horrible on camera. (Leaving aside Mama Weaver’s hairdo, their geographical ignorance, and their endless pleas to Mapquest Jesus.) But the other teams seem to deee-spise them. There must be some reason they’ve engendered such disdain.

Now we will suffer thru watching the Housewives buy backpacks since they have nothing to carry their lingerie collection around in. Here’s hoping they keep it longer than Gretchen did.

And how lame was that greeter?? (Hey, somebody’s got to review the greeters) Seems like he just woke up or something. Show some spirit! Arriba!

Best Greeter ever: the one in Hungary, from two (?) season ago.
“Welcome to HUNGARY!!!”
:smiley:

“Welcome to BUDAPEST, HUNGARY!”

I wished they hired him as the official greeter in perpetuity.

“Welcome to SASKATOON, SASKATCHEWAN!”
“Welcome to DES MOINES, IOWA!”

It would be greaat…

[QUOTE=DrFideliusI wished they hired him as the official greeter in perpetuity.[/QUOTE]

Me too. Because European accents can make even “Welcome to Pottstown, Pennsylvania!” sound exotic and exciting.

AAAAACK! Coding! Sorry!

Well, we did have the Pennsylvania Dutch of Farmer Rohrer…

Ya. I’m Pennsylvania Dutch and I grew up with that accent. It took me a lot of time in speech classes to get rid of it. Now, I sound like I’m from upstate New York, which is SO much more foreign, don’tcha think?