Amazing Race Season 32

I actually enjoyed the leg, at least the running around the city part. I hope they keep up doing things like that. I know a few people complained that the tasks were too easy, but places kept getting changed after each one. The memory challenge was brutal, maybe they could have changed that up a bit, given them a hint that X of 4 were right in some way shape or form.

I can understand D’Angelo being mad, he’s got to be a competitor and doesn’t like to lose, and to lose because of something well out of his control and stacked against them. I can’t imagine anyone really having to do something like that and have others working together while you have to do it on your own.

I’m not sure how much I like having alliances like they had, I know it worked for them, but it did make it kind of boring for us. That would leg could have turned out totally different if not for that.

Indeed. Nadiya was voted out immediately, while Natalie won the season.

They brought Natalie back for the most recent all stars season, Winners at War which featured only previous winners. Natalie was voted out first, but due to the game-ruining twist actually made it to the final 3. She didn’t get a single winning vote however.

This year’s Survivor-style Race has been much less fun, in my opinion. I don’t like the mean-girls attitude about whoever isn’t in their clique anymore.

I guess I’m hoping the Beardies win. The Boyfriends are just too catty,I’m sort of okay with Hung and Chee, but Chee’s hatred toward G&D because they took the first cab was insane, and tainted the rest of the race.

StG

I would agree except for the cattiness last week with the U-Turn. He seems like the type to be all ‘it just a game’ when things go his way, but gets real sour when they don’t. I could also see being gruff to the other teams, but he was outright rude to Phil and the production.

Gary is great though.

Someone on Reddit mapped out the entire Philippine leg using Google Maps:

I missed that the traffic cop and high heeled race were down by the Mall of Asia in neighboring Pasay City. Aside from that, all other tasks were in the same small portion of Manila. It really was a sprint.

While sharing info at the last task wasn’t technically cheating (though Phil tried to discourage them from doing that), it did violate the spirit of the race. This season ranks down near the bottom, but still above the family one. Of course, the Boyfriends will win. It’s 2020.

The alliance bullshit turned me off to the entire show. I think they should institute a rule where members of teams may not speak to members of other teams while engaged in a challenge.

mmm

They already have a roadblock rule, where one member of the team can’t help the other member performing a roadblock. They can shout encouragement (or discouragement as the case may be) they can’t aid their teammate in any way. This should just be extended to teams helping other teams.

There’s been posts about how nasty Aparna (sp?) was to bitch about being yielded when she’d planned to yield someone herself.

What about the footballers? Gary was all sorts of bitching about A) how the others weren’t living up to their alliance this episode, when no one should possibly expect an alliance to hold when you’re down to the point that a member of an alliance HAS to go and B) griping about how unfair it was that the other teams were allied against them when his team had been benefiting from a similar unfairness against the non-Mine Five for virtually the whole race.

And then DeAngelo bitched that he hadn’t enjoyed the race, that if he’d wanted to just travel and see the world he could have done it on his own dime and how if he didn’t win, there was no point in his wasting his time.

Wow. What a great way to go out, guys. I’m glad you’ve lost.

Gary was mainly upset because they agreed to form a five person alliance that would disband once they got to five. The five person alliance wasn’t really secret. He didn’t know there was another secret alliance within that alliance.

For DeAngelo, from what I’ve seen online, he really did not enjoy the race. He thought he would get to explore each location in-between legs and didn’t know they would be sequestered in hotel rooms. Honestly, it was kinda refreshing to hear a break from the same old “We lost but we had a great time.”

It did. :laughing:

It certainly was different. I’m not sure I’d describe it as ‘refreshing.’ Personally, I didn’t care for it. He sounded so spoiled and such a sore loser. I really liked Gary and DeAngelo before their elimination. But his comments about how the money means nothing to him since a million wouldn’t make a difference and how he could have done all this stuff on his own were disappointing. I think overall they are probably good people, but that was ugly.

There are tons of other people who would love to have run the race. I’d rather those people on the show. The blonde sisters showed much more sportsmanship than a professional sportsman.

Did he not watch one previous season before going on? Because that’s pretty clear.

I would guess this is also something covered in the contract that I’m assuming they sign.

I honestly don’t remember them showing what goes on between episodes before.

The teams used to hang out during pit stops and they sometimes showed stuff from the pit stop if it was interesting. I think now, they don’t let the teams interact at pit stops. (I’m assuming this because I recall sometimes the teams don’t know who was eliminated until they all meet up at the airport at the beginning of the next leg. In early seasons, teams not only knew who was still in the race but also the times of the teams). Now teams aren’t allowed to interact at pit stops, so exploring the city would have to be off limits too.
And now that the teams don’t interact at pit stops, there usually isn’t any reason to show footage from the pit stop.

Well, count me as another who thought it was refreshing that he was honest, because what he said is how the majority of the audience have viewed the season. This season has sucked! And it sucked because of the alliance. It could be so easy for TPTB to add a rule that competing teams cannot just give each other the answer.

I would love it if once the season is over Phil could share his thoughts on the season, because it’s seemed pretty clear to me he was not happy about it.

That doesn’t make sense though. DeAngelo was in the Mine Five Alliance. In my opinion, there’s nothing refreshing about someone gloating about his alliance then pouting when a different alliance gets him out.
Viewer reasons for the show lacking entertainment luster are far apart from racers’ POV on race suckage.

Here’s a post-Race interview with Gary and DeAngelo.

StG

On reddit, I read that DeAngelo & Gary also had another not-shown-on-tv alliance with the Beards - and that the two teams had even helped each other out during horse feeding task.

Which explains the double u-turn decision last episode. It also explains their attitude more when the other three teams were helping each other out. The whole thing, however, was just stupid.

And the Mine Five alliance is what made this season suck.