Amazon Prime Streaming

What vexes me about Prime is that the usual sequence is, search for a movie or series, find it is available on Prime, then find it’s for a rental fee only. Finding something I want to watch for just my Prime membership is rare. The last was Mr. Robot (so far).

I was hoping **TRC4941 **would be back by now with some more info on his issue.

I have cable TV. The cable TV remote has a Netflix button. Netflix works fine. The TV remote has both a Netflix button and an Amazon button. I would guess my TV (LG) is about 6 years old. I watch Amazon through my TV and Netflix through the cable box. So maybe my TV is too old. I haven’t watched Netflix through the TV for a couple of years so I’m not sure if it would still come in clear or not. I’ll try that tonight - if Netflix comes in crummy on the TV then I’m guessing it’s a TV issue.

Thanks for the suggestions!:slight_smile:

If you mean that you’re vexed because you searched for particular shows and found that they weren’t free on Prime, you’re just complaining that there are things that aren’t free with Prime, which, duh. If you mean that you do a general search to try to find something you want to watch that’s free with Prime, you ought to be able to search only in the “Included With Prime” category.

Keep in mind, my 5 year old Vizio plays Netflix very well and Prime poorly. So that might not prove anything.

Does the Cablebox have apps? You might be able to setup Prime on the Cablebox and that might take care of the problem.

My only quarrel with AP streaming is the damned yellow subtitling. Half the time you can’t see it because of the background.

Same setup here, with the Sony Blu-ray player being fed by WiFi. The pixelated/low resolution part usually lasts about as long as the opening credits, so we just got used to it. Other streaming services (Netflix, for example) through the same device don’t do this. I’d guess that it has to do with how Amazon buffers its videos (to get started and up to speed quicker?) or handshakes with the device.

The other annoying thing, though is sound dropouts here and there. Has anyone else experienced those?

When you turn on subtitles there should be a setting to change the color (and also add a black background).

You can edit the size, colour, and font for subtitles and even set a few presets so you can quickly change them to suit the background of whatever you’re viewing.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201567240

I don’t think the cable box has apps, but I will check it out. Thanks

You are watching Netflix through the cable box, which has a hard wired connection (the cable) back to your router. But I presume your TV is connecting via WiFi, so this is probably a connectivity/bandwidth issue. See if your TV has any sort of bandwidth measurement or signal strength indicator in the Networking setup menu.

Yeah, but then I would have nothing to bitch about.

I have a Roku 3. TV is 2-3 years old. No cable. Netflix streams fine always. Amazon Prime starts out fuzzy, sometimes clears up, sometimes doesn’t. If it doesn’t resolve, I go back to Netflix. Or Hulu and put up with the commercials.

I’ll check this out - thanks:)